Hard to gain money and cars in GT5

• Thread starter Lionpaw
  • 17 comments
Without the login bonus and the Seasonal Events it's become very hard to gain money playing GT5
I don't mind grinding but to get my hands on 10 million to buy A Ferrari F1 seems futile, I also like to drive the Minolta, but it will take forever to save to buy, and another thing, I can't even find the cars I need.
For example, I need a Truck to race that event, either a Toyota, Chevy or a Dodge, but I can't buy them in Dealership, not in Used cars either, although they might turn up eventually, what do I know?

How do guys you solve it?
I like GT5 more than GT6 that's why I started all over with GT5
I missed the Endurance races :)

Without the login bonus and the Seasonal Events it's become very hard to gain money playing GT5
I don't mind grinding but to get my hands on 10 million to buy A Ferrari F1 seems futile, I also like to drive the Minolta, but it will take forever to save to buy, and another thing, I can't even find the cars I need.
For example, I need a Truck to race that event, either a Toyota, Chevy or a Dodge, but I can't buy them in Dealership, not in Used cars either, although they might turn up eventually, what do I know?

How do guys you solve it?
I like GT5 more than GT6 that's why I started all over with GT5
I missed the Endurance races :)

i still remember when I began GT5 when it first launched there were no seasonal event. A way I made money fast was by doing the Special events. It made me enough to buy my second car and clear the events faster.

EDIT

For the event you should look at the prize car lest for a 4X4, I think in one of the licences you can get a dodge ram if I remember correctly.

Complete the IA licence in bronze to win the Dodge ram, I used this car and it worked.

I can't see how I can make it without a race car to compete with the Minolta or Toyota 7, Mazda 787, the C9 and so on, I need a lot of money and one way is to grind on Like The Wind, but is it even possible to do that without using a race car?

I think I can win the Super GT Series using a tuned Skyline and then win a Calsonic Skyline GT-R race car '93 (S), but will that be enough to take on the heavy duty race cars?

I can't see how I can make it without a race car to compete with the Minolta or Toyota 7, Mazda 787, the C9 and so on, I need a lot of money and one way is to grind on Like The Wind, but is it even possible to do that without using a race car?

Follow these steps on how to win Like the Wind. I did the same 5 years ago and worked perfect. The Indianapolis gave good money to save for a decent car. You might be able to save up for a LMP or a JGTC for the further events.

I won easily with the ZR1
I started with race modification then I tuned to the max, so now I have my Minolta :)
Thanks a lot! :)

Next step is to save up money to buy a Formula Gran Turismo, and hope for it to turn up in Used Car Lot.
It's so much harder now to find cars without the Online Used Dealership.

PS: You didn't change the oil, a couple of more BHPs is never wrong ;)

Last edited:
I won easily with the ZR1
I started with race modification then I tuned to the max, so now I have my Minolta :)
Thanks a lot! :)

Next step is to save up money to buy a Formula Gran Turismo, and hope for it to turn up in Used Car Lot.
It's so much harder now to find cars without the Online Used Dealership.

PS: You didn't change the oil, a couple of more BHPs is never wrong ;)
Level 24 ticket has the Formula Gran Turismo and 2 other cars in that and you can only win one of them.

Does that mean when I win the Level 24 ticket I will recieve the Formula GT if I'm lucky?
I haven't driven GT5 for years so I totally forgot what Ticket means? :confused:

Last edited:
I googled it, hmm, I don't quite fully understand how it works, but it appears like once I have the Level 24 Ticket I get 3 options, F2007, FGT and F10
I don't need the Ferraris, there are no races for the Ferraris, but I do need the Formula GT.
And also, I get the ticket after I win all the Endurance races, well, at that point it's rather late in the game, I need it before the game is finished :D
I couldn't be more confused :confused:

I googled it, hmm, I don't quite fully understand how it works, but it appears like once I have the Level 24 Ticket I get 3 options, F2007, FGT and F10
I don't need the Ferraris, there are no races for the Ferraris, but I do need the Formula GT.
And also, I get the ticket after I win all the Endurance races, well, at that point it's rather late in the game, I need it before the game is finished :D
I couldn't be more confused :confused:
What Level are you on at the moment.

When you get the Level 24 ticket, do not open it instead save your game save to a USB and then start GT5 again go the truck icon on your home screen open it and if you do not get the car, just quit the game and reload the game from your USB, start GT5 go to the ticket open it until you get the car. Another way of doing this, just before you get to Level 24 save your game save to your USB and the if you do not get the car just quit and reload from you USB.

Thanks for the tip about the USB!
I haven't done that before so I have to figure out how I do that.
Can't I just close the game if I get the wrong car?
Hmm, maybe not, the autosave may kink in before I can shut it off.
Like I said, I'll figure it out.

Thanks for the tip about the USB!
I haven't done that before so I have to figure out how I do that.
Can't I just close the game if I get the wrong car?
Hmm, maybe not, the autosave may kink in before I can shut it off.
Like I said, I'll figure it out.
It is very easy to do, if you have any problems just PM me.

If you have the minolta there is a race at indy oval you can rinse and repeat, I used it a ton but I was grinding with the x1 or whatever that fantasy f1 car was(no way I will remember the race name). No matter how you slice it you will have to grind.

The ticket trick is a good bet as well 👍

Yes, I have the Minolta, I won it using the ZR1 on Like The Wind of which one is the Indy oval.
I'll do a lot of rinse and repeat from now on, and also I'll do the Fordlaser777 trick with the USB to get me a Formula GT.

Back