Harder than GT2 ?

Canada
Canada
Having played GT3 as my first Gran Turismo game ( Back in 2002 ) , I grew to like the series and then I played GT2 which seemed kinda harder but still enjoyable to play. Recently I decided to give GT1 a shot . I started off with the licenses ( As I did with GT2 ) . While I didn't manage to "gold" any of the B and A licenses , they weren't that difficult. And then the International A...
This license looked impossible for me to even get bronze in all the tests ( with the Grand Valley lap run being the worst...the one with the Griffith ) .
After I managed to pass the International A with all Bronze ,I decided to try out sunday cup with a MA70 Supra 3.0 turbo that I had purchased since Day one. It was relatively easy to win it ( even got to win the qualify in each race ) . The prize car was a bit dissapointing but not bad either. " Why not trying the FR challenge ?" I thought. That was it. Entered the event and the opponents were like 2 times faster than me. Then I bought an FTO GP version R and tuned it to participate in the FF league or The Lightweight challenge. However the opponents in Lightweight Challenge had half the horsepower of my FTO ( 288 Hp ) Yeah , they had lighter cars than me but how can a 160 hp civic be that fast ? ( In the qualify session I was like 2 seconds behind and in the race I could barely overtake a mazda 323f type R. The rest of the opponents were too fast !!! )
Does anyone else feel that way or is it just me ? Also it would be great if someone could give me some advice on beating the FF and Lightweight challenge.

Well one thing is that AI drivers in GT1 use tuned cars in almost all races, expect Normal Car Cup of course, you'll need to tune up your car to even dream about winning anything.
But even with a fully-tuned car you still need to focus when racing, not much room for error and those AI drivers sure won't slow down. :)

AI drivers in GT1 use tuned cars in almost all races
You are partly right, but at those two races which he mentioned, are AI opponents cars tuned only softly.
But BillDimebag needs to:
1. Use the entire tuning process including decreasing weight (all 3 stages) and taking Racing Modification which costs 85000 Crs.
2. Practise, practise, practise.... The Licence Races are excellent chances to improve his racing skills. Who can achieve all golds in IA, can win in FF & Lightweight (which are pretty easy races with weak opponents and few laps) with any crappy car.
3. Read some GT1 FAQs, but use his own common sense.

Well one thing is that AI drivers in GT1 use tuned cars in almost all races, expect Normal Car Cup of course, you'll need to tune up your car to even dream about winning anything.
But even with a fully-tuned car you still need to focus when racing, not much room for error and those AI drivers sure won't slow down. :)
Yeah you're right about it . I struggled beating the FR league with a stock Supra RZ ( However I managed to beat it and I was given a Silvia 1800cc instead of the Sileighty. Then I had to re-race the tournament to eventually get the Sileighty thanks to the randomized prizes...) . I remember an oponent with a FDRX7 who almost every time managed to overtake me :P
2. Practise, practise, practise.... The Licence Races are excellent chances to improve his racing skills. Who can achieve all golds in IA, can win in FF & Lightweight (which are pretty easy races with weak opponents and few laps) with any crappy car.
One who can get all golds in licenses ( International A particularly ) , can beat the lightweight cup with a Mazda Demio A-Spec untuned :P

Last edited:
Back