Hardest cars to drive?

• Thread starter Sunzi
  • 27 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
As per the thread title, what are yours?

Man... I find the F12 Berlinetta particularly tricky - it's an absolute handful. Not seen many cars spin up with TC on but the F12 loves it!

Par for the course with muscle cars but the Mach Forty is a it of a barge aswell!

R35 GT-R. I simply can't stand the way it drives. It's very unstable on turn in. I don't have this problem with the Nismo model.
Turn in is not the problem per se. It’s turning while braking ever so slightly that makes it almost uncontrollable. I’ve noticed the same issue with the Ferrari F8 Tributo and Lamborghini Veneno.

Turn in is not the problem per se. It’s turning while braking ever so slightly that makes it almost uncontrollable. I’ve noticed the same issue with the Ferrari F8 Tributo and Lamborghini Veneno.

Try playing with the damper settings. With such problems, increasing the compression on the front axle and/or lower the pressure of expansion on the rear axle can help. Furthermore, adjust the spring rates on the front and rear axles (a little "softer" at the back) so you have a slightly lower spring force that lifts the car when you shift your weight when you brake.

Last edited:
Try playing with the damper settings. With such problems, increasing the compression on the front axle and/or the expansion on the rear axle can help. Furthermore, adjust the spring rates on the front and rear axles (a little "softer" at the back) so you have a slightly lower spring force that lifts the car when you shift your weight when you brake.
Perhaps PD should do that. I’m not going to tinker with a car because PD got something wrong. That’s on them to fix.

Perhaps PD should do that. I’m not going to tinker with a car because PD got something wrong. That’s on them to fix.
We cant really tell how much there is "wrong", because it depends on how the physics engine reacts to the default values of the car.

Though I really dislike cars that just dont work after purchase, because I also think they would ideally be designed to be driveable.

@xMAXIx79
I appreciate your attempt to help though.

We cant really tell how much there is "wrong", because it depends on how the physics engine reacts to the default values of the car.

Though I really dislike cars that just dont work after purchase, because I also think they would ideally be designed to be driveable.

Regardless of the potential limitations of the physics engine, PD should test drive every car, and solve any extreme oddities manually.

This is my favourite car and currently my fastest on my favourte event (though I didnt try detuning other cars that might be faster then).
I have a tune for it get it into the 550 clubman events. Getting the weight distribution to 50/50 and fooling around with a fully customizable LSD made it somewhat tame, but still snap happy. 🤣

I'll knock it up to 600 and see how it does in the WTC 600 Championship later on tonight.

Hardest car to get a decent lap out of? Any of the Vipers. Has a really peculiar driving style to maximise lap time.

The Super Formula is also tricky to nail a lap as you need to be so precise.

Hardest car to get a decent lap out of? Any of the Vipers. Has a really peculiar driving style to maximise lap time.

I really enjoy the SF19! I can understand why people struggle with it but it's actually really quite easy to drive but needs adapting to. Trust the grip - it's a grip monster!

I must confess, without putting cash into the Porsche 911 (2001) I don't really like how skittish it is. By no means the hardest to drive but even with considerable investment it's not as easy to drive at 700PP as others of a similar rating.

Porsche Carrera GT. Won it on a six star a long time ago. That car drives like ****. Can't get through a single turn without it spinning out. Tried a lot of the basics to get it good enough to use, none worked. So glad I didn't buy it.

I am sure some of you out there get along with it fine... but for me I'd just as soon drive it off a cliff.

Interesting. I love the Viper. It was my grind car back when the Trial Mountain Cup was the highest payout... and the American Cup was decent too.

47b1b30c3a712aabba8ef29a9645fcb7_photo.webp

Last edited:
1653925144821.png

This is a bit of a handful...

But in seriousness, many of the stock Porsche's. Or at least how they handled in the 1st month or so.

I'll agree with B80. I can drive loose cars but me and the Porsches just don't see eye to eye. They remind me of that Viper test way back in Gran Turismo 1, where it would blow donuts if you weren't focused, lol.

With the latest update, I'v mainly been running GR1's. Struggling with the 787B. Second gear in particular.

Tidgney touches on the 'eccentric' 787b' 2nd gear in his daily race video yesterday as apparently its tge race c meta car this week.

Haven't watched it all the way yet but he mentions somehow avoiding/working around it.

Last edited:
They're way better now, lmao.

I remember buying that 911 turbo 81' and instantly regretting it with how tail happy that thing was. 🤣

Cool, I drove a praiano tuned one at the weekend and it was beautiful, but assumed that was due to his tune.

Good to know they're no longer death traps in general.

Odd that pd allude to spending so much time modelling cars, but Porsche in stock forms were almost impossible to control at anything beyond fairly sedate driving,

Back