Hardware For GTSport & F1 2019- wheels, pedals, etc

United States
Phoenix, AZ
Damage_Plan1
Recommendations please. I'm ready to upgrade from a Thrustmaster T150 racing wheel and maybe different pedals (currently have T3PA-pro). PlayStation console will be PS-5 later this year, using PS-4 now. I have read the post that gives a list of different manufacturers and set-ups but doesn't really give a recommendation out of fairness to all. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Money is a non-issue, just dont want a buch of junk collecting dust that I never use.

Recommendations please. I'm ready to upgrade from a Thrustmaster T150 racing wheel and maybe different pedals (currently have T3PA-pro). PlayStation console will be PS-5 later this year, using PS-4 now. I have read the post that gives a list of different manufacturers and set-ups but doesn't really give a recommendation out of fairness to all. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Money is a non-issue, just dont want a buch of junk collecting dust that I never use.
If console compatibility is a must I'd wait until the PS5 is released and we get a list of officially supported wheels first. Once we get that list and if Fanatec PS 4 Podium wheelbase is on that list that's what I'd be looking at if, as you mention, money isn't an issue.
Edit: With this base you'd likely have to get new pedals (TM and Fanatec products don't play well together on console without third party help) and possibly a stronger rig too.
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The thing is anything can happen in the space between now and PS5 release, like new wheels and new pedal sets or improvements to existing products. Logitech are supposedly working on new wheels, Fanatec are working on new pedal sets for their direct drive series of wheel bases and I don't think anyone knows what Thrustmaster has in the pipeline.

So if your T150 is still working, I'd just hold off until we have some concrete information. It shouldn't be too long :)

Last edited:
If console compatibility is a must I'd wait until the PS5 is released and we get a list of officially supported wheels first. Once we get that list and if Fanatec PS 4 Podium wheelbase is on that list that's what I'd be looking at if, as you mention, money isn't an issue.
Edit: With this base you'd likely have to get new pedals (TM and Fanatec products don't play well together on console without third party help) and possibly a stronger rig too.
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The thing is anything can happen in the space between now and PS5 release, like new wheels and new pedal sets or improvements to existing products. Logitech are supposedly working on new wheels, Fanatec are working on new pedal sets for their direct drive series of wheel bases and I don't think anyone knows what Thrustmaster has in the pipeline.

So if your T150 is still working, I'd just hold off until we have some concrete information. It shouldn't be too long :)

Thank you- so much there I never considered. Compatibility w/PS 5 and some platforms not pairing w/others are need to know before a person buys. I am going to take your advice and wait to upgrade. Thx again

Last edited by a moderator:

Very good advice and I have been thinking the same thing for quite a while.

I believe that these new Logitech wheels are going to be revealed when the PS5 is revealed.

Recommendations please. *...* Money is a non-issue, just dont want a buch of junk collecting dust that I never use.

Reading this, you might want to go for something like this:
1582730164027-jpg.894961

img_20200227_064858874-jpg.894963

I updated my rig lasst week, after all parts arrived.

Hardware used:
Rig: Sim-Lab P1-X
Wheelbase: Podium DD1 (PS4) (including Clubsport FormulaWheel v2), (Porsche GT3 Wheel + ButtonModuleEndurance in 2nd picture)
Shifter: Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5
Handbrake: Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1.5
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSportPedals V3 (including DamperKit on Throttle & Break Performance Kit on Brake)

PS-5 Compatibility SHOULD not be a Problem, but as @FPV MIC said, we haven't seen any official Hardware Comp. List.

I spent more time in my rig now, than with my family. :-), unfortunatley it will collect dust nevertheless.

If there are any questions, just ask.

Reading this, you might want to go for something like this:
1582730164027-jpg.894961

img_20200227_064858874-jpg.894963

I updated my rig lasst week, after all parts arrived.

Hardware used:
Rig: Sim-Lab P1-X
Wheelbase: Podium DD1 (PS4) (including Clubsport FormulaWheel v2), (Porsche GT3 Wheel + ButtonModuleEndurance in 2nd picture)
Shifter: Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5
Handbrake: Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake V1.5
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSportPedals V3 (including DamperKit on Throttle & Break Performance Kit on Brake)

PS-5 Compatibility SHOULD not be a Problem, but as @FPV MIC said, we haven't seen any official Hardware Comp. List.

I spent more time in my rig now, than with my family. :-), unfortunatley it will collect dust nevertheless.

If there are any questions, just ask.

I agree with him, I have the same hardware as him, this is the best you can buy for PS4 currently I also have a Forza rim to be able to use the direct drive wheel on Xbox One and Forza

That is a sweet set-up and I will do research on your equipment, thank you. I noticed alot of rigs out there have a 'cage design'. Clearly to show how stable and solid the rig is. I like the openness of yours, but is there movement with any one thing? I guess I'm asking how rigid your set-up is.

That is a sweet set-up and I will do research on your equipment, thank you. I noticed alot of rigs out there have a 'cage design'. Clearly to show how stable and solid the rig is. I like the openness of yours, but is there movement with any one thing? I guess I'm asking how rigid your set-up is.
Those 80/20 rigs are solid as a rock, even with very high powered Direct Drive wheels. Expensive, but if money is no object it's the way to go imo.

I've put this at the final thoughts time stamp so you can hear Barry from SRG's thoughts:

Edit: There's also cheaper ways to build 80/20 rigs. Check out some designs in @super_gt's thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/build-an-80-20-aluminum-cockpit-by-your-own-design.390884/

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back