Has anybody EVER seen something like this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iLex
  • 15 comments
  • 1,163 views
Messages
1,155
Messages
gtp_iLex
I was looking for some easy money while doing some work, so I entered my 787B in the laguna seca enduro.... after a few hours I switched on the TV, pressed ok after the credit countdown and found this screen:
000_0095small.jpg


There are two things very very wrong with this:
A: Number 3 has no time, while numbers 4 and 5 do
B: There is NO WAY that those cars could have done the enduro in 2:05! I watched some early laps of the race in which the 787B did 1'21 laps and the other cars did 1'30+ laps..... that would result in a time of around 2:20 or something

What happened!?
 
did you just finish eating din dins when you took that picture?

in regards to the times, who knows pds that retarded
 
Their final times are counted from the moment they cross the line AFTER the leader has finished, regardless of what lap they are on - they cannot complete any more laps because they have been lapped. The Shelby and Pontiac had no time because they hadn't managed to reach the finish line before the game skipped to the credits screen (~12 seconds).
 
That's easy to explain. :)

A) The cars that have times have completed the laps they were on before the game has moved into the credits screen. The ones without times haven't.

B) Their finishing times are the ones you see on the screen, but it doesn't mean that they have completed as many laps as you have.

An example: If car X runs 20 laps and has a finishing time of 20.00 minutes, and car Y runs only 15 laps but completes the 15th lap just after car X has completed the 20th lap, its time is 20.01 minutes.

It's completely normal, don't be worried. Nothing's wrong.

- R -

EDIT - Late again, but it's no shame to lose to Famine. :)
 
I've seen that before a lot, i found it weird at first, but I soon found out what it meant.
 
i was gonna say maybe they entered a corner to fast and got caught behind a barrier like my b spec butthole driver does somtimes
 
throttlehappy
did you just finish eating din dins when you took that picture?

:D What's din dins!? I had a sandwich, yes :)

On topic:
Ahhhhh, now I understand. That explains some weird times I saw earlier (those times were possible, though).
Thanks!

Why wouldn't PD just display no. of laps (+finishing time)?
 
iLex
:D What's din dins!? I had a sandwich, yes :)

On topic:
Ahhhhh, now I understand. That explains some weird times I saw earlier (those times were possible, though).
Thanks!

Why wouldn't PD just display no. of laps (+finishing time)?

*shrugs*

It's an oddity, that's for sure.
 
iLex
:D What's din dins!? I had a sandwich, yes :)

On topic:
Ahhhhh, now I understand. That explains some weird times I saw earlier (those times were possible, though).
Thanks!

Why wouldn't PD just display no. of laps (+finishing time)?

:lol: din dins is dinner
knife and fork for a sanger?

like i said pd's retarded :)
 
throttlehappy
:lol: din dins is dinner
knife and fork for a sanger?

ah, ok... I'm in Holland, its 1pm here :) No dinner for me yet... Had a small lunch, though.
 
I only see a knife!
(We've been referring to the fact that you can see a knife and plate in the screen reflection in your picture! :lol: Look closely at the Ford GT result line ;))
 
iLex
Why wouldn't PD just display no. of laps (+finishing time)?
Well they do show number of laps behind during the race, and right after the winner crosses the line and before the credits are awarded.

I agree though, they should also allow you to see the number of laps behind each car was at any time after the race. I also really wish they would allow you to see the fastest lap times and number of pit stops of all the cars at any time after the race. Oh well... one more thing to hope for in future installments. :)
 
Smallhorses
I only see a knife!
(We've been referring to the fact that you can see a knife and plate in the screen reflection in your picture! :lol: Look closely at the Ford GT result line ;))

I know, I saw it after throttlehappy's post.
Here's a picture. Funny how nobody noticed the peanut butter :)

000_0095_2.jpg
 
The GTO and Shelby were the slowest cars on track. They weren't able to cross the start/finish line in time when it cuts to the prize screen.
 
red70mach1
The GTO and Shelby were the slowest cars on track. They weren't able to cross the start/finish line in time when it cuts to the prize screen.

This is not necessarily true. If all cars are on different laps, the Shelby could have crossed the finish line right before the 787B finished. If the Saleen and the 787B just lapped the GT and the Camaro, they would finish right behind the saleen (which they did). The 787B was about to lap the Shelby again, but was unable to do so before they finished.
If the 787B had not lapped the saleen just before the finish (look at the time) the saleen wouldn't have had a finishing time, because it is impossible to drive a lap in about 12 sec. (time to prize screen?)
The same thing could be the other way around: If the 787B just lapped the GTO before the finish, the GTO would have a time and some others might not.
 
Back