Has anybody out there played "Burnout"?

• Thread starter Gil
  • 6 comments

Gil

Bird man
Premium
old-guy64
My fifth son bought Burnout a few days ago.
:lol:I've been playing it when he's at school.:lol:
The premise of the game is that you race 3 other cars on the streets, often against traffic, against red lights, etc.
You are attempting to avoid hitting anything, as you are assessed insurance damage for each crash.
You can also cause your opponents to crash, bettering your chances of winning. The only thing missing is missiles.:lol:
Hitting a bus at 112mph is wild, and wildly expensive.
There are two lists in the game. One is for the fastest drivers, the other is for the most insurance damage caused in a race.
I'm at the top of both of our lists. With over $1,000,000 damages in one race.:eek:
It's crazy!!
But dang, it sure is fun.
Burnout is now on the "cheep rack" at your local Wal-Mart.

Heh, for the sequel, they actually turned the "how much damage you can make" into an actual mode of play.

Now you actually have to see how much carnage you can make:)

Burnout 2 is massive fun !.... Whenever GT3 ticks me or you need a break. BO2 comes to the rescue. No settings, no hassle. Just plain stupid fun... Love it ! 👍

And I've said this before in here I think : Sneezing is NOT a thing to do when going 160Mph in the wrong direction :crazy:

I've played the hell out of Burnout - that game gives a rush like nothing else on the PS2, flying the wrong way down the freeway at over 100mph.

I'm waiting for Burnout 2 to hit the clearance racks, then I'll be picking that one up as well. I have rented it, and was pretty impressed.

I bought Burnout when it first came out, loved it...thought it was a bit hard...then when i was clearing my card, I accidently mistook my actual game save for one of my crash saves and deleted it...:( :( It was a completed game as well. :mad:

Burnout 2 is a much better game though, I also have that :) Crash mode is very fun, as they set you targets of money to create a crash, and then you try and involve as many cars as you can :)

Back