Has anyone done this yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 20 comments
  • 1,105 views
yeah i do it all the time in my 1hp mercedes benz. it takes talent but i manage.
seriously though, no i havent but it might be possible if you turn off all the downforce and increase the ride height in front and lower it in back. just like your trying to do a wheelie
 
My Subaru that i was driving back in my college days did something of the sort after $1 drink night.
 
Yeah, he was fine.

Flugplatz means flying place, and the name is appropriate. It was the scene of one of the Ring’s most famous accidents, when the March F2 car of Manfred Winkelhock, its nose damaged in an earlier collision, suddenly took off over the crest. It flipped over backwards and then barrel-rolled into the barriers, Manfred amazingly stepping out unhurt and in true Winkelhock fashion asking a spectator for a cigarette.
 
Winkelhock at his best! :D:)
 
That is crazy. Is that Nurburgring?
 
if your talking about gt4, then that is impossible, the physics engine will not allow a car to flip, only go as far as vertical, in real life... I may not be a member of gtplanet if that had happened.
 
Gee, I wonder why they don't race Formula Ones on the 'Ring anymore?

(Cool vid, daan. Thanx.)
 
OMFG!!!!! :eek:
That backflip...I am speechless.
 
a6m5
That is crazy. Is that Nurburgring?

Yup, Flugplatz is the fast right hander after the 1st split time on the 'Ring...

I think if I saw that coming towards me, I wouldn't be too bothered about rescueing my deckchair (like the guy in the video)... :lol:
 
this is why all of our "look how fast i can go at the 'ring in my c9!!!" threads are meaningless. Group C, F1, and LMPs are too fast for the circuit, and would easily launch over some of those bumps and hills.
 
kylehnat
this is why all of our "look how fast i can go at the 'ring in my c9!!!" threads are meaningless. Group C, F1, and LMPs are too fast for the circuit, and would easily launch over some of those bumps and hills.

too true
 
Touring Mars
I think if I saw that coming towards me, I wouldn't be too bothered about rescueing my deckchair (like the guy in the video)... :lol:

LOL agreed.
 
:ouch: Wow that's crazy. To answer your question, no. Although I do kinda wish the game would allow it, but no big deal.
 
kylehnat
this is why all of our "look how fast i can go at the 'ring in my c9!!!" threads are meaningless. Group C, F1, and LMPs are too fast for the circuit, and would easily launch over some of those bumps and hills.
Though with the kind of downforce some of these cars get, I wouldn't be surprised to see them never leave the ground at all...unless their nose gets damaged!

Did you see how the air just took that car and threw it around? Crazy...
 
sideslider
he obviously did too many practice laps in gt4 before the race
:lol: That or MS Flight Simulator. :D
 
that would be a cool thing to add in gt5 💡 i mean cmon we've all wanted to flip our P.O.S. car :sly:
 
Wow... just goes to show... aero is not a good thing in the wrong situation.

I've seen some Porsches and R390s flip over merely because of the draft/turbulence they get from the car in front of them.

Maybe that should be in GT4 too... :D
 
lol i like the slow mo part of that video, adds to the OMFG WTF factor.
 
Back