Has anyone else had a problem with their view randomly changing?

• Thread starter Redphin
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
I've always used the same driver view when playing. Now I'm having a problem with the view constantly changing. Every time I come out of the pits, start a race, or even pause the game in a race the view changes to the next view in the cycle. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how did you fix it?

Don't think that's it. As soon as the race or qualifying lap starts the view is already changed. The view is different before there's even a chance for a button to be pushed. My controller is the one that came with my PS4.

Why don't you try changing your view button to a different button.

You haven't already changed it to X have you? If it is, then pressing X to unpause will also change the view.

Yeah, I change the view back to the one I normally use. It's not a big deal after a pit stop or at the start of a race because there's time to change it. In those cases it's just an annoyance. The thing that screws me up is if I'm running a qualifying lap and have to pause it for some reason when I unpause it the view changes so I have to wait until I'm on a straight and can hold down the accelerator while I unpause it.

Yeah, I change the view back to the one I normally use. It's not a big deal after a pit stop or at the start of a race because there's time to change it. In those cases it's just an annoyance. The thing that screws me up is if I'm running a qualifying lap and have to pause it for some reason when I unpause it the view changes so I have to wait until I'm on a straight and can hold down the accelerator while I unpause it.
I think you have misinterpreted what @daan was saying. He was asking if you have "Change View" mapped to the "X" button.

To check, go into the controller settings in the game. That'll tell you what buttons are mapped to what functions, and if "Change View" is set to "X" then whenever you unpause the game with the "X" button it will also change the view.

In any case, you should set the "Change View" button to a different one than the one that is set, to check whether that button is malfunctioning.

Back