Has anyone like me tried playing Forza 6 on the Series X console ..I wonder...

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I am playing Forza 6 on the new Series X console and I am loving it ....
I have always thought that Forza 7 never lived up to all the hype and playing F6 on the new Console..... confirms it for me..
I use a Wheel combined with a 4k... 28 inch monitor.... in a desk set up .....lovely..
F6 definitely gets a upgrade in detail due to the superior processing power of the Series X .....and it runs so smoothly.... its a joy to experience..
Gone is the dreadful F7 weather and a Wheel setting up process.... that was ridiculously complicated...
F6 is now my go to racer..... with F7 and Project Cars 3 just gathering dust...
In my book they could do a lot worse than going back to basic principle of F6...... adding enhanced visuals and reactive weather etc. for the new game in the Spring..
I don't expect all you guys to agree with me ......
All I would say if you have the New console just try giving F6 a go....
And like me you may end up loving it all over again... ..lovely

I have to agree. I recently finished all the championships in FM7 so I've dusted off FM6 to grind out those and it looks and feels great on a Series X.

I'm playing it still, and it's running very well on Series X indeed. The loading times are very good. The servers are currently completely down, but I think the regular in-game AI might actually be better than online drivatars, they race more cleanly, and I even prefer normal AI names instead of silly nicknames of people I don't know. :lol: The car list is amazing with all the DLCs!

I'm playing and enjoying X360 FM titles as well, which I only started playing recently because I never had Xbox 360 before.

@barry chipman Tried out FM6 tonight, it does indeed run and look great on the SX. I think that apart from the cars the graphics although running at 1080P have much more detail compared to 7, the cars feel like they have more weight, braking feels better and the wet/rain tracks look magnificent. I don't care that the puddles are in the same place each lap and I like the dramatic effect they have. The only thing I don't like it's the short lap length, in 7 I increased it. I also believe the AI is better, it actually puts up a challenge and tries to retake positions. Another thing I didn't realise is that somehow I only did just enough to complete the career, so there's plenty of life left. Nice recommendation buddy 👍

Edit: you can clearly see how hamstruck T10 were with 7, trying to make a 4k/60 title that somehow had to run on the XBO/S when F6 had already pushed it to the max. Clearly something had to give and that was graphic detail, making the game able to run on both the lower and higher hardware. To think this is still going on now with the SX, 4k/60 with sacrifices. I think 1080/60 with max graphics is better.

Last edited:
@barry chipman Tried out FM6 tonight, it does indeed run and look great on the SX. I think that apart from the cars the graphics although running at 1080P have much more detail compared to 7, the cars feel like they have more weight, braking feels better and the wet/rain tracks look magnificent. I don't care that the puddles are in the same place each lap and I like the dramatic effect they have. The only thing I don't like it's the short lap length, in 7 I increased it. I also believe the AI is better, it actually puts up a challenge and tries to retake positions. Another thing I didn't realise is that somehow I only did just enough to complete the career, so there's plenty of life left. Nice recommendation buddy 👍

Edit: you can clearly see how hamstruck T10 were with 7, trying to make a 4k/60 title that somehow had to run on the XBO/S when F6 had already pushed it to the max. Clearly something had to give and that was graphic detail, making the game able to run on both the lower and higher hardware. To think this is still going on now with the SX, 4k/60 with sacrifices. I think 1080/60 with max graphics is better.

Yes my friend you have completely "nailed it" with your comments....
The game developers were miles ahead of the capabilities of available Consoles...
I use to play F6 on my X Box X at 4k and it still didn't come close to the clarity / detail the Series X produces..
And as you say F7 was compromised in so many ways just to get it to even run half decent .....
I hope you continue to reconnect with F6 and get as much pleasure out of it as I do !!!

PS... All the vehicles I have previous "bought" with hard cash have now been re labeled DLC.. and as such are no longer available to me...
There isn't even a way to re purchase them even if I wanted to ...

Have you experienced anything similar I wonder ......

Last edited:
I can see that compared to 7 I don't have that many cars :( but of the ones I have 2 are displaying as DLC, my VL Commodore Group A SV and my Kadett C GT/E. I wonder why this is ? I might try and ask them. Not fair to have them now locked. Perhaps it's because the servers are offline atm ? Real shame as I would love to try some rivals again.

Another thing I think is better is the car sounds, much individuality and distinctive, with more clarity with the finer items such as turbo, chatter etc.

I think T10 are seen as the top Xbox developer in MS eyes meaning they have to provide the absolute pinnacle in terms of graphics/frame rates/resolutions/innovations, (night and weather), and, although they are undoubtedly talented and very capable, having to service multiple levels of hardware makes this an impossible task which is why graphic detail suffered on each subsequent release from F5 onward. I can remember noticing the visual downgrade when coming straight from 5 to 6 for example. Makes me curious to try 5 now as well!

Up to this point I've not felt that the series S will hold back the series X but maybe it will when we start getting true next gen only games, like FM8. Although we won't know or realise this time as it won't be obvious, the same level of detail will be present in both games just at 2 different resolutions.

I suppose the only true answer is the PC. The only platform where spec dependant you can absolutely experience what the developer is trying to deliver, (if you can set everything to ultra etc).

Last edited:
I can see that compared to 7 I don't have that many cars :( but of the ones I have 2 are displaying as DLC, my VL Commodore Group A SV and my Kadett C GT/E. I wonder why this is ? I might try and ask them. Not fair to have them now locked. Perhaps it's because the servers are offline atm ? Real shame as I would love to try some rivals again.

Another thing I think is better is the car sounds, much individuality and distinctive, with more clarity with the finer items such as turbo, chatter etc.

I think T10 are seen as the top Xbox developer in MS eyes meaning they have to provide the absolute pinnacle in terms of graphics/frame rates/resolutions/innovations, (night and weather), and, although they are absolutely talented and capable of doing this, having to service multiple hardware makes this an impossible task which is why graphic detail suffered on each subsequent release from F5 onward. I can remember noticing the visual downgrade when coming straight from 5 to 6 for example. Makes me curious to try 5 now as well!

Up to this point I've not felt that the series S will hold back the series X but maybe it will when we start getting true next gen only games, like FM8. Although we won't know or realise this time as it won't be obvious, the same level of detail will be present in both games just 2 different resolutions.

I suppose the only true answer is the PC. The only true platform where spec dependant you can truly experience what the developer is trying to deliver, (if you can set everything to ultra etc).

I would be very interested to know if you can get anywhere with your enquires re the DLC issue .......
Initially I didn't have a problem.... but for the last 3 weeks they have been locked...

The constant progress these days with pretty well every thing.... make things complicated if they go out of kilter with each other...
For instance I have already heard that to run with full Ray Tracing may not be possible with some games due to Console limitations..

Also I understand that there is a next gen Console already well under way.... that will possibly be available in 18 months time ...

Of course there may well be another 18 months delay after that before it is available to the masses.... Flippin' heck !!!

I would be very interested to know if you can get anywhere with your enquires re the DLC issue .......
Initially I didn't have a problem.... but for the last 3 weeks they have been locked...

The constant progress these days with pretty well every thing.... make things complicated if they go out of kilter with each other...
For instance I have already heard that to run with full Ray Tracing may not be possible with some games due to Console limitations..

Also I understand that there is a next gen Console already well under way.... that will possibly be available in 18 months time ...

Of course there may well be another 18 months delay after that before it is available to the masses.... Flippin' heck !!!
Try going to "Manage Game and Add-Ons" menu and installing the DLCs through there. Sometimes they won't install with the game and you need to install them manually through the menu.

So... now the servers are back online the DLC cars are available again as is Rivals.
It's great that this is the case but also quite worrying in that you pay for DLC yet if the server is down you can't access them. This isn't right at all and a sad fact of modern gaming I suppose.

On a positive note I'm still playing, currently working my way through the passing challenges, struggling atm on the Veyron/Daytona combo, difficulty it's currently set to 'Pro' and I still can't beat it! 😭

Also dipped into Rivals - track days, I miss this, don't think this was in F7 ?

Whenever I play Rivals on any Motorsport title I always get drawn to the Nurburgring, I notice that I haven't in 6, it's calling!!!

Last edited:
Yes I was hoping that the DLC access problem was a "one off" glitch when the servers were down...

It sounds like you may have established that when the servers are unavailable in the future .... it will always be the case that the DLC content will not be available to play in the game.....how disappointing ......

Last edited:
Yes I was hoping that the DLC access problem was a "one off" glitch when the servers were down...

It sounds like you may have established that when the servers are unavailable in the future .... it will always be the case that the DLC content will not be available to play in the game.....how disappointing ......

Not just disappointing...
Withholding title/ownership of goods purchased (not hired) without a finite term in the sale agreement is potentially illegal in most large markets.

Imagine if you bought a car and after 5 years it literally vanished from your driveway due to the action/inaction of the car company. This is the virtual equivalent of that.

Not just disappointing...
Withholding title/ownership of goods purchased (not hired) without a finite term in the sale agreement is potentially illegal in most large markets.

Imagine if you bought a car and after 5 years it literally vanished from your driveway due to the action/inaction of the car company. This is the virtual equivalent of that.
I am sorry my friend that you didn't find my comments strong enough ...... so I will elaborate...

Of course it is completely unacceptable and well out of order for us to lose access to our DLC content every time the servers go down...

I am still hopeful that it was just a one off glitch and we can continue to enjoy Forza 6 to the max.... at all times...lovely...

We shall just have to wait and see...

I am playing Forza 6 on the new Series X console and I am loving it ....
I have always thought that Forza 7 never lived up to all the hype and playing F6 on the new Console..... confirms it for me..
I use a Wheel combined with a 4k... 28 inch monitor.... in a desk set up .....lovely..
F6 definitely gets a upgrade in detail due to the superior processing power of the Series X .....and it runs so smoothly.... its a joy to experience..
Gone is the dreadful F7 weather and a Wheel setting up process.... that was ridiculously complicated...
F6 is now my go to racer..... with F7 and Project Cars 3 just gathering dust...
In my book they could do a lot worse than going back to basic principle of F6...... adding enhanced visuals and reactive weather etc. for the new game in the Spring..
I don't expect all you guys to agree with me ......
All I would say if you have the New console just try giving F6 a go....
And like me you may end up loving it all over again... ..lovely
I agre with you on FM6 on next gen, i was shocked at how few are actually playing in the online lobbies.

Latest Posts

Back