Has anyone noticed this?

• Thread starter Fresh
  • 11 comments
I'm not too clear on car physics so my explanation won't be the most in depth but when you are driving through the inside of a turn and you place your front inner tire on the red and white bumper thing you can continue through the turn at full throttle and you get much butter turning control. It is like that gutter technique from the show Initial D.

While I agree with Concept to some extent, I also agree with Fresh that it wasn't really relevant to the initial post. I'd also like to congratulate Fresh on replying calmly instead of exploding into a fanboy flame war.

Fresh, you are absolutley correct. Riding the rumble strips is a time-proven method of getting around the race course faster. Laguna Seca, for instance, can be driven much more quickly by using the inside curbs to yank the car around.

It's doesn't always work, though. For instance, you want to avoid a lot of the curbing at Seattle. Curbs that can be ridden without upsetting the car are good, but ones that bounce you too much tend to make the car shoot to the outside.

Yeah, most people would have gone off and started a war Fresh. That's pretty cool of you not to go off on me. :thumbsup:

:D good job fresh
i agree, the rumble strips can be ridden to a certain extent, but any further, it'll make ur car unstable n spin out
theres a turn just ilke that on SSR11
Go there, its a 45 degree turn i think, and the angle is very steep too(slope of the turn) if you turn to the inside too much, gravity takes over and forces ur car to spin out... :(

Yea i was mainly commenting on this because I thought it was some made up technique for the show before I got this game but seeing it in gt3 it seems more realistic. I just tuned my ruf gtr to perform well specifically on these rumble strips and my lap times significantly dropped and by loosening the front suspension more i can go full speed on many of the really bumpy one's.

Ah, a level-headed person on the internet.

We'll have to keep an eye on him. :reallyodd

J/K, welcome to :gtplanet: :D

I've never really noticed the phenomenon of riding the curb, but I usually ride up on the curb anyway. You know, so I have plenty of room to plow around when I jump back on the throttle too early and/or hard. :smilewink

actually... what you're doing is good.. fresh
because by making the springs less strong, they can compress better (I THINK) and that means more weight on the front wheels --> beter turning (I THINK AGAIN)

I've actually used them to help me brake as well. I don't know if this works or if it is just in my mind, but occassionally I will be coming down the looong Tokyo stretch and I will react slowly and get on the brakes for the first turn to late. What seems to work is hopping up onto the outside rumble strip to help me slow down. Once again, I don't know whether this really works or whether it just appears that way.

*It could also be that the jumping effect is helping me not lock up the brakes and that helps me slow down more effectively.

:D Yes Fresh ,
It works, but beware using it w/super light cars (ie: Lotus Elise 190), it'll pitch them off quicker than you (well, quicker than "I") can compensate. Guess I've been here long enough now to extend my WELCOME to the Forum!!!...UB57
:D

Back