Has anyone seen this car/color combo before?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Time_Attack
  • 17 comments
  • 8,324 views
Messages
5,428
Messages
Midship_Express
So I'm a huge MR2 fan. I've owned several in real life and even more in GT5. I own several of each model and I thought I had seen all the available color options in GT5. So now here I am playing on my new second account and I have just run into a new color option. It is a two tone panda black/white like an AE86 but on an AW11. Is this news to anyone? The color is called Sparkle Wave Toning. It is an '86 MR2 1600 G limited NA. I wasn't even aware that this was an option on the real car.
 
I have one. It really does look like an AE86 paintjob. :lol: I dont think it's an official colour though. If I search "Sparkle Wave Toning MR2" on Google, this thread is the second result. Perhaps it's a joke by PD, or it has the wrong texture for that colour? :boggled:
 
Yup, and I have it for both the turbo and N/A MR2. It took a lot of cycling to find the Sparkle Wave Toning for my turbo version...but it was worth it.
 
Either of you MUST take pics PLEASE. I want to see this.

As far as I know there was never a Black/White color option for USDM MR2's. http://www.toyotareference.com/mr2

However, for other regions... who knows.
 
Last edited:
2rh0mxh.jpg

2mm8do6.jpg


Tada.
 
Wow, that's awesome. 👍

:grumpy: I want one.

Seems this is a rare color then.
Thanks for the shots.

Edit closest thing I've seen to this color combo is this
bkitrookie08di4.jpg


Which i've seen in a few Japanese import service websites.
Must have been a JDM only option.

EDIT:

car001oy3.jpg


car006eq5.jpg



This 88/89 SC is gorgeous. And as far as I can make out it's got MR-S wheels..
5724498665_641de2471c_b.jpg


And this one makes me weep. I'd love to get my hands on some banana rims. Hahaha
MR2006R.JPG
 
Last edited:
I've seen the white/silver and the green/gold but never this. It looks awesome. It really floored me when I opened the UCD not expecting anything and saw that.
 
That's wild. One of you should dupe me a set.... >_> haha just kidding.

Grats on the rare find!
 
I'm 100% against duping.

But if that guy wanted to give me a spare S/C in this color that'd be great...
 
Here are some quick photos I took of mine tonight. I haven't touched these at all and I'm not very good with photo mode so I hope you can look past the quality issues.

specialstageroute53k.jpg

specialstageroute514.jpg

specialstageroute58.jpg

specialstageroute515.jpg

specialstageroute522.jpg
 
Flippin awesome. :drool:

Funny thing is im looking for colors to paint my MR2. This might be a big contendor. I was also eyeing a silver/Gunmetal gray two tone sceme..
Ah choices...
 
I saw that in the UCD yesterday, I want the SW20 though :(
 
It's called Sparkle Wave Toning
Showroom86MR2GLimSC4SparkleWaveTour.jpg
 
Oh I love that era MR2, shame Toyota decided to mess it up! (I have a red one in gt4 )
 
Flippin awesome. :drool:

Funny thing is im looking for colors to paint my MR2. This might be a big contendor. I was also eyeing a silver/Gunmetal gray two tone sceme..
Ah choices...

Ummmm … what? When you paint that car you won't be able to choose TWO colors? You've got to be kidding.

Edit: Aahhhhhh, sorry – you're talking about IRL
 
So is it supposed to be silver and this is a mix up?
 
Ummmm … what? When you paint that car you won't be able to choose TWO colors? You've got to be kidding.

Edit: Aahhhhhh, sorry – you're talking about IRL

Haha yes yes, I meant IRL. :sly:


Anyways, the topic has been pretty much answered but I just stumbled upon these photos and thought I'd post them up.

Seeing how nice it looks on the 2, im surprised Toyota never did a factory panda tone.

LS08.jpg


LS10.jpg


LS21.jpg


LS24.jpg
 
Back