Has anyone tried a realistic NASCAR tune?

• Thread starter savage388
  • 4 comments
United States
Johnstown PA
SAVAGE_388_
I'm talking about for Indy and twin ring motegi, not Daytona. I haven't a clue what the spring rates they run but I've tried to free up the car and nothing realistic has worked so far. I did however manage to simulate a coilbinding front suspension that works for corner entry, it's way too stiff though. I'm stumped. :lol:

If you can find any data on real life NASCAR spring rates in lbs per inch, you could use this converter to get to kg/m. http://www.hraefn.net/projects/spring_rates.php I used this to compare GT6 to my real world Spec Miata.
The only problem I see is there's no way to fund spring rates, they arent published because they are part of the setup for the track, unless someone knows anyone on a NASCAR sprint cup team lol

Will be hard to recreate any real NASCAR setups because you can't split the sides of the car or run positive camber.

Will be hard to recreate any real NASCAR setups because you can't split the sides of the car or run positive camber.
I do realize that not being able to split all four corners up into different settings makes it harder, but most of the work is done by the left side of the car so by using left side settings I could get reasonably close with tweaking. I've got something that looks realistic in replay with how it slides into the corner but on exit its all wrong.

Back