Has GT 7 Become A better “ Real Simulator “

• Thread starter Junkman55
  • 14 comments

Junkman55

(Banned)
United States
United States
I purchase my PS5 and GT7 about three weeks ago and I am happy it is becoming a better simulator then GTS. I have been reading some of the posts in this forum and it seems to be more difficult for the game pad controller to achieve the same results they did in GTS. This is only temporary. I have found that my wheel set up has become a better feel then it did with GTS and my driving abilities are improving with the improvements

It's definitely getting there. Not quite to Assetto Corsa or other sim standards, but you can't tromp the gas as some people insist you can. Well, maybe the alien top 1%, but who cares what they can do? The rest of us mere mortals have to live within our limits, and to me, a 10% if I'm lucky, it's definitely two scoops of fun with sprinkles. Sometimes trouble, but that's virtual life. I look forward to the improvements and added content coming this year.

Last edited:
I use both the G29 and a controller pretty much equally and like both methods in this game. I prefer GT7 to Sport, and I liked Sport. I'm not going to necessarily say that 7 is closer to sim FOR ME, but there's something about the immersion and the overall feel of 7 that I can't put a finger on but really like. It feels good, which I know doesn't seem to follow the popular opinion. I don't think about whether Turismo is a pure sim or not, but rather a game that allows me to drive and race a wide range of cars in a relaxed, stress free manner. If I want the "don't blink, don't breathe" stress of a sim I'll play WRC10 lol.

and it seems to be more difficult for the game pad controller to achieve the same results they did in GTS.
This is nothing new for Gran Turismo. In general the more you spend on a input device the faster you will, or should be.

The most recent update has made it horrendously bad on controller imo. Most cars feel like trying to steer a cruise ship.

Pre-patch slippery cars were better. The gap is still massive to Wheel users, but that will never change & isn't that big of a deal I guess, just wish I could get the same speed out of the post-patch cars on controller that I could before the patch.

My only experience with online racing was in GT Sport, and pretty much only Gr1 - 4.
As a result of PD dropping the brake balance controller when BoP is in force I am no longer able to control my vehicle with the precision I am accustomed to. In short, I am having to re-learn every car in the game. This, to me, seems like a totally unproductive move by PD and has soured my enjoyment of GT7.

Therefore, in answer to the question, No.

GT7 is the easiest GT game to drive on a controller since GT4.
Since GT4? I never gelled with the pressure buttons, neither the alternative right analog stick accel/brake layout. I guess it's all down to personal preference though

GT7 is the easiest GT game to drive on a controller since GT4.
I would not know that. My GT experience started with GTS and a T-GT wheel setup. I have no experience with a game controller other than searching youtube and other media on PlayStation.

My only experience with online racing was in GT Sport, and pretty much only Gr1 - 4.
As a result of PD dropping the brake balance controller when BoP is in force I am no longer able to control my vehicle with the precision I am accustomed to. In short, I am having to re-learn every car in the game. This, to me, seems like a totally unproductive move by PD and has soured my enjoyment of GT7.

Therefore, in answer to the question, No.
I have to say I am enjoying the GT7 game side and I notice on the Simulator side taking a turn to fast I can recover my mistake by using real driving experience more often then not. That to me is coming close to real world driving .

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back