Has PD forgot me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deko Wolf-GTPT
  • 16 comments
  • 1,734 views
Messages
880
Portugal
Chesterfield
Messages
DEKOWOLF
Hi everyone! Right now I'm a little bit in shock so forgive me if I don't make much sense.

I have achieved gold in all rounds in the GT Academy, so I should receive the cars on their respective dates as mentioned...however this is not happening.

I have revived the Leaf, but not the Silvia. Instead I got the GTR R32. What gives? Just because I missed out the date I didn't get it?
The website clearly says that all prizes can be collected until the 25th of January 2013, so how come I didn't get my car?

And before the usual questions begin, allow me to answer them right now...
YES, I am connected to the internet.
YES, I have a session logged in the PSN.
YES, I am 100% SURE that I got GOLD with the Silvia.

If this is a genuine mistake from their servers that's fine, I completely understand. However, I wont be able to take part on the seasonal event, and therefore, miss out on the prizes. Can someone with greater power than me make this message reach Poplyphony Digital please? I would greatly appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
I'll make it simple for you. Send fr to GTP_CargoRat and you can borrow mine.
 
I'll make it simple for you. Send fr to GTP_CargoRat and you can borrow mine.

Thank you very kindly for your offer, however, something strange has happened...

I know how this sounds, but please, stick with me until the end.

I start up GT5. Went to "community" tab. Only 1 (ONE) ticket was showed to me. I accept, and receive that same ticket.
Inside the delivery truck, the only ticket available to me was the GT-R R32. Nothing else. I open and collected the R32 successfully.

At this point, the Silvia is still missing from my garage, delivery truck, or even the community tab.

I quit the game. Go to my secondary account (be in mind that I haven't logged in this account ever since round 8 of GT Academy has finished). With this account, I have also achieved GOLD in all rounds of GT Academy.
In the community tab, I find the 3 (THREE) previous cars for achieving GOLD, Leaf, Silvia, and GT-R R32. I successfully received, and opened all 3 (THREE) tickets.

Then, I share the Silvia, in order for me to use it in my primary account.

I quit the game, and start up again logged in my primary account.
I borrow the car from my secondary account, and miraculously, now I have 2 (TWO) Silvia GT Academy models in my garage. One mine, and the other borrowed from my secondary account.

This is very, VERY weird.
I guess somehow the data of the car wasn't available until I revived it in my secondary account. Only after the data was unlocked in my PS3, the car shows up in both accounts.

I don't know how it happened...but it did. Now I got the Silvia (somehow).
Thread can now be closed for inspection for ghost busters to have a look.
 
Deko Wolf-GTPT
Thank you very kindly for your offer, however, something strange has happened...

I know how this sounds, but please, stick with me until the end.

I start up GT5. Went to "community" tab. Only 1 (ONE) ticket was showed to me. I accept, and receive that same ticket.
Inside the delivery truck, the only ticket available to me was the GT-R R32. Nothing else. I open and collected the R32 successfully.

At this point, the Silvia is still missing from my garage, delivery truck, or even the community tab.

I quit the game. Go to my secondary account (be in mind that I haven't logged in this account ever since round 8 of GT Academy has finished). With this account, I have also achieved GOLD in all rounds of GT Academy.
In the community tab, I find the 3 (THREE) previous cars for achieving GOLD, Leaf, Silvia, and GT-R R32. I successfully received, and opened all 3 (THREE) tickets.

Then, I share the Silvia, in order for me to use it in my primary account.

I quit the game, and start up again logged in my primary account.
I borrow the car from my secondary account, and miraculously, now I have 2 (TWO) Silvia GT Academy models in my garage. One mine, and the other borrowed from my secondary account.

This is very, VERY weird.
I guess somehow the data of the car wasn't available until I revived it in my secondary account. Only after the data was unlocked in my PS3, the car shows up in both accounts.

I don't know how it happened...but it did. Now I got the Silvia (somehow).
Thread can now be closed for inspection for ghost busters to have a look.

Damn,thats bogus man.cant you mail pd or some sort?
 
He doesn't really need to as it sounds his issue's fixed....mine isn't. I don't have a secondary account with all golds, just the one that I did it on (and ended in the top 1% for the final. it's not top 32, but still pretty impressive ;) and I had to be on the road with my band last week with no PS3, so it's not like i really had an option of logging in everyday to see if the prize came. Got the Leaf, got the Skyline...but not the Silvia which I was actually looking forward to.
 
I've seen many threads similar to this where they couldn't open any tickets. They just got someone, or themselves, to send another ticket to their account and both showed up. It's nothing new or anything, this bug has been around for a while now, seems to happen with traders and people who dupe.
 
Damn, this sucks. I haven't done GT:A on a second account and I'm 3000 miles away from my PS3 for 4 weeks as of next Thursday.
 
Everybody: There's no need to login everyday in order to receive the prizes.
The tickets will be sent to you on their respective dates, and will stay there until January 25th 2013.

GT Academy tickets CAN NOT be sent. I simply used the ticket on my secondary account, and it showed up on both my accounts.
I believe the car data was installed in my PS3 since the previous update, but because today was the day that the R32 Ticket was sent, maybe the game can only show one ticket at the time. The strange thing is that one ticket, unlocked the car on both accounts.
 
Putting more words in bold doesn't change facts.

The ticket for the Silvia has NOT been sent to me. Period. I logged on the day the Leaf was released, got it, logged in yesterday, only got the Skyline. Today after several reconnects to the network and system restarts, still nothing.

Which makes a very valid inference that you do, in fact, have to log in the day of or close to the release of the prize cars in order to actually get them. Way to go, PD. I knew I would never make top 32, so the only reason I wasted anytime on the GT:A download was for the prizes. That I apparently can't have since I have other things to do than be at my house everyday to play GT.
 
TheRealPhattyJ
Putting more words in bold doesn't change facts.

The ticket for the Silvia has NOT been sent to me. Period. I logged on the day the Leaf was released, got it, logged in yesterday, only got the Skyline. Today after several reconnects to the network and system restarts, still nothing.

Which makes a very valid inference that you do, in fact, have to log in the day of or close to the release of the prize cars in order to actually get them. Way to go, PD. I knew I would never make top 32, so the only reason I wasted anytime on the GT:A download was for the prizes. That I apparently can't have since I have other things to do than be at my house everyday to play GT.

Have you tried borrowing the car from someone else and seeing if that magically makes yours appear like the OP did?
 
Have you tried borrowing the car from someone else and seeing if that magically makes yours appear like the OP did?

I'll be back home for 12 whole hours in about 3 weeks, and leaving the next day for 2 months of touring. I sincerely doubt I'm going to be able to spend any of that time checking on GT, my priorities are in a much more responsible order than that.

Just another big F U from PD. I may just fix my xbox, buy a fanatec, and say to h with GT. At least they're honest from the get go that they're ripping you off.
 
Hi everyone! Right now I'm a little bit in shock so forgive me if I don't make much sense.

I have achieved gold in all rounds in the GT Academy, so I should receive the cars on their respective dates as mentioned...however this is not happening.

I have revived the Leaf, but not the Silvia. Instead I got the GTR R32. What gives? Just because I missed out the date I didn't get it?
The website clearly says that all prizes can be collected until the 25th of January 2013, so how come I didn't get my car?

And before the usual questions begin, allow me to answer them right now...
YES, I am connected to the internet.
YES, I have a session logged in the PSN.
YES, I am 100% SURE that I got GOLD with the Silvia.

If this is a genuine mistake from their servers that's fine, I completely understand. However, I wont be able to take part on the seasonal event, and therefore, miss out on the prizes. Can someone with greater power than me make this message reach Poplyphony Digital please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Exactly the same here.

Just logged on to do the GTA seasonal, and received a Skyline, with no mention of the Silvia. I didn't do GTA with a 2nd account, so cant try that. Just tried sending some items over from that account to my main one, and still not showed up...

Well done PD. Well done... :grumpy:
 
Ignore. Was being stupid, found it in the garage after looking properly. :dunce:
 
Last edited:
A'ight, this is just getting downright WEIRD. Update to my prize car situation...

Logged on yesterday (July 21) to get my birthday ticket. Yay, yet another Lancia Stratos Rally car....there isn't another '77 car, is there? Whoops, I digress...any rate, got my bday ticket, duped it, cashed it, still no Silvia GT:A prize car. Was at full bonus and such, too.

Logged on today (technically 7/23, but it's 2am so the 21st was still yesterday in my view) just for s's and giggles. My bonus is all the way down as if I haven't logged in for a week, and lo and behold there's a GT:A Silvia in my garage. Weird on it's own, right? Gets weirder. According to the "Date Aquired" sorting option the Silvia went into my garage after my Ferrari F10 (bought the day after the GT:A skyline was released) and before the GT:A Skyline.

So even though the actual order I received the cars should go Silvia, F10, Skyline, Leaf it goes Skyline, Silvia, F10, Leaf. And the garage car count is off by 1. I was at 243 premium cars when the Skyline was delivered, and now that the Silvia's been added I'm still at 243. Not counting them tonight, but if the count is right now and was wrong then then it probably means that the prizecars show up in the count once they've been delivered, even if you don't see the ticket or the car in your garage.

So my new inference on prize cars....logging on the day of release is the best way to get them. Doing it afterwards, you still get the cars but not right away and the game does not let you know they've appeared.
 
A'ight, this is just getting downright WEIRD. Update to my prize car situation...

Logged on yesterday (July 21) to get my birthday ticket. Yay, yet another Lancia Stratos Rally car....there isn't another '77 car, is there? Whoops, I digress...any rate, got my bday ticket, duped it, cashed it, still no Silvia GT:A prize car. Was at full bonus and such, too.

Logged on today (technically 7/23, but it's 2am so the 21st was still yesterday in my view) just for s's and giggles. My bonus is all the way down as if I haven't logged in for a week, and lo and behold there's a GT:A Silvia in my garage. Weird on it's own, right? Gets weirder. According to the "Date Aquired" sorting option the Silvia went into my garage after my Ferrari F10 (bought the day after the GT:A skyline was released) and before the GT:A Skyline.

So even though the actual order I received the cars should go Silvia, F10, Skyline, Leaf it goes Skyline, Silvia, F10, Leaf. And the garage car count is off by 1. I was at 243 premium cars when the Skyline was delivered, and now that the Silvia's been added I'm still at 243. Not counting them tonight, but if the count is right now and was wrong then then it probably means that the prizecars show up in the count once they've been delivered, even if you don't see the ticket or the car in your garage.

So my new inference on prize cars....logging on the day of release is the best way to get them. Doing it afterwards, you still get the cars but not right away and the game does not let you know they've appeared.

This is behind weird...I think someone tripped on a cable back at Polyphony Digital HQ and screw up...
Just like me, at least you got the car, just don't know how.
 
And the time you received your gift from PD always says "1 minute ago". Which suggests that you receive the gift interactively when you first log in after the respective car is available, not on the first day of availability. (Your game checks into PD server, and either requests the car or PD's server already knows your account is eligible and sends it).

That also means it might cause problems when you restore game saves before retrieving the gift car, because you definitely do not receive it again, if this is triggered on PD-side.
 
I haven't got the ticket at all, so I'm bumping this thread, and it's a suit.
 
Back