Has PD Gone Completely Mad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TT92
  • 17 comments
  • 1,419 views

TT92

Premium
Messages
1,642
Australia
WA
Messages
TT__777
This is one of those WTF moments.

Update 1.07 is nearly a 1GB download and as far as content goes it is mainly videos :-(

So why oh why has PD, in it's infinite wisdom, now chosen to annoy the 🤬 out of us by having those stupid messages above the 4 blue tyre indicator's flash when we race?

For those that aren't aware I am referring to the messages "X accelerate" when the accelerator pedal is depressed and "R1 Nitrous" as we use the upshift flapper.

Problem is solved by turning OFF BUTTON NAVIAGTION in race menu

What about all the bug fixes? Why is Bathurst sound quality still broken? Why do we still have the bug that when we start a race at Bathurst for the first time several cars still get piled onto the same starting grid and crash before the race starts?

Why doesn't the new content work properly? Why can't the gear ratios in the new BMW race car be able to be changed? Why can't the rolling starts be applied to most tracks? Why can't the race type be changed from endurance to normal or vice versa without restarting the whole lobby?

Why am I still bothering with this broken game? :-(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of those WTF moments.

Update 1.07 is nearly a 1GB download and as far as content goes it is mainly videos :-(

Senna content, just not activated yet.

So why oh why has PD, in it's infinite wisdom, now chosen to annoy the 🤬 out of us by having those stupid messages above the 4 blue tyre indicator's flash when we race?

For those that aren't aware I am referring to the messages "X accelerate" when the accelerator pedal is depressed and "R1 Nitrous" as we use the upshift flapper.

They were always there. You probably have to just switch them off again.

What about all the bug fixes? Why is Bathurst sound quality still broken? Why do we still have the bug that when we start a race at Bathurst for the first time several cars still get piled onto the same starting grid and crash before the race starts?

Not heard of second glitch.

Why doesn't the new content work properly? Why can't the gear ratios in the new BMW race car be able to be changed? Why can't the rolling starts be applied to most tracks? Why can't the race type be changed from endurance to normal or vice versa without restarting the whole lobby?

Why am I still bothering with this broken game? :-(

Work Properly?

Bimmers a concept, not meant as a free-wheeling tuner.

Rolling starts can be glitched in.



And also this updates fixes the most critical bug of all with tyre wear it appears.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Senna content, just not activated yet..

I do realise that but there is still a lot of video that has taken up space.


They were always there. You probably have to just switch them off again.
I have never seen it before - ever. Please tell me where to turn it off


And also this updates fixes the most critical bug of all with tyre wear it appears.

In a couple of endurance races last night I can confirm that several of us do believe that tyre wear and pit stop bug seems to be fixed. The second set of tyres do appear to perform the same as the first.
 
I have never seen it before - ever. Please tell me where to turn it off




In a couple of endurance races last night I can confirm that several of us do believe that tyre wear and pit stop bug seems to be fixed. The second set of tyres do appear to perform the same as the first.

It is probably in HUD settings, I switched it on on Day 1 of release seeing what things did and never bothered switching off after that.
 
I have never seen it before - ever. Please tell me where to turn it off

Button Navigation in driving settings, I think.
 
This is one of those WTF moments.

Update 1.07 is nearly a 1GB download and as far as content goes it is mainly videos :-(

So why oh why has PD, in it's infinite wisdom, now chosen to annoy the 🤬 out of us by having those stupid messages above the 4 blue tyre indicator's flash when we race?

1. For those that aren't aware I am referring to the messages "X accelerate" when the accelerator pedal is depressed and "R1 Nitrous" as we use the upshift flapper.

What about all the bug fixes? Why is Bathurst sound quality still broken? Why do we still have the bug that when we start a race at Bathurst for the first time several cars still get piled onto the same starting grid and crash before the race starts?

2. Why doesn't the new content work properly?

3. Why am I still bothering with this broken game? :-(
1. It's an option. Disable it. It's been there since day -3.
2. Uh... it worked just fine for me. And everyone else.
3. Then don't play it.

And change that one word in the third sentence to 🤬
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2. Uh... it worked just fine for me. And everyone else.

Nope.

This is the sound glitch TT92 referring to:


It's been happening since launch and (to my knowledge) is still broken. I've had it occur using two different connectivity methods:

- PS3 output 5.1 channel via HDMI (to AV receiver)
- PS3 output 5.1 channel via optical (to Turtle Beach PX5 headphones)

I've found a work-around by just enabling audio 'Multi-Output' from the PS3 and connecting the standard analogue audio cables to the PX5 receiver. This means I can only play the game with analogue stereo sound but it stops the Bathurst sound glitch from happening.

I would suggest setting the audio output in the GT6 options menu to stereo could also fix the problem. Still a crappy workaround either way.

As for the grid pile ups, I've had that happen on Bathurst too. But I've also had plenty of other strange gridding glitches on other tracks too.
 
Never had that happen at any point since the game was released...on two different PS3's. Nor have I ever had "pileups."

Never mind the fact that I didn't even quote that part of his post.
 
Never had that happen at any point since the game was released...on two different PS3's. Nor have I ever had "pileups."

Never mind the fact that I didn't even quote that part of his post.

Apologies. I had not noticed that you modified TT92's quote with your own numbering. I assumed you were referring to his 2nd complaint.
 
MGR
Nope.

This is the sound glitch TT92 referring to:



And the fact that you cannot have a conversation in the lobby as the speech progressively deteriorates. You either have to be on track or in your tuning garage for speech to be clear.
The fact is, after such a large update I would have expected PD to address the known glitches/problems

Button Navigation in driving settings, I think.

Correct, thanks for the tip :-) So the next question is, when I have never seen this before and this is the 7th update then why did PD chose to turn it on this time?

Bimmers a concept, not meant as a free-wheeling tuner.
.

OK then WHY is the Mercedes AMG Vision Race car equipped with a tuneable gearbox then? Why one and not the other?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK then WHY is the Mercedes AMG Vision Race car equipped with a tuneable gearbox then? Why one and not the other?

The two cars were made in conjunction with two different manufacturers, who may have had different specifications about what could and couldn't be adjusted for each car. These VGT cars don't seem to have a standardised format.

Also, triple post.
 
MGR
Nope.

This is the sound glitch TT92 referring to:


It's been happening since launch and (to my knowledge) is still broken. I've had it occur using two different connectivity methods:

- PS3 output 5.1 channel via HDMI (to AV receiver)
- PS3 output 5.1 channel via optical (to Turtle Beach PX5 headphones)

I've found a work-around by just enabling audio 'Multi-Output' from the PS3 and connecting the standard analogue audio cables to the PX5 receiver. This means I can only play the game with analogue stereo sound but it stops the Bathurst sound glitch from happening.

I would suggest setting the audio output in the GT6 options menu to stereo could also fix the problem. Still a crappy workaround either way.

As for the grid pile ups, I've had that happen on Bathurst too. But I've also had plenty of other strange gridding glitches on other tracks too.

I have the same issue at Bathurst. Usually it ends up cutting out completely and I get no sound. Couple of times it locked or shut down my PS3. Glad you found a work around but for me I'm not willing to gut the sound just to race on Bathurst so I'll leave my settings as is, but nice to know if I ever have a league race there, there's a workaround. 👍
 
So the next question is, when I have never seen this before and this is the 7th update then why did PD chose to turn it on this time?
Its been there since day 1 as mentioned already. Either you had a internal glitch or some how, some one(kid/friend), turned it back on. Or you stop noticing it and realized it again and decided to complain, cause we got an update.
Mines still off since day 1.

And since you didnt know how to turn it off. I think its fair to say you never turned it off in the first place. Just sayin...
 
Reading thread title, then OP's post.



Came to the conclusion that PD has not gone mad, but OP certainly has. :lol:

Same here.

GTPlanet is full of over-reaction and hyperbole but this was still quite impressive :lol:
 
Clearly you never see Dead Rising 3's patch. 13GB for NOTHING, litetally.
 
Its been there since day 1 as mentioned already. Either you had a internal glitch or some how, some one(kid/friend), turned it back on. Or you stop noticing it and realized it again and decided to complain, cause we got an update.
Mines still off since day 1.

And since you didnt know how to turn it off. I think its fair to say you never turned it off in the first place. Just sayin...


Since everyone on my friends list that regularly plays GT6 has exactly the same complaint I know it was not just me.

I have now passed the information on about how to disable it.

Bathurst still has severe issues and I still maintain that PD should have addressed more bug complaints.
 
Back