Has the FIA digital racing license fell through?

• Thread starter iucidium
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
west midlands
iucidium
AMOUR DE CHEVAL
Just asking as there is no mention on the official GTS webpage and the last we heard was in 2016. Has the FIA deal fell through? Has the digital license ceased to be? Has it all stopped?

*EDIT* should have been clearer, the FIA digital racing license.

Last edited:
Just asking as there is no mention on the official GTS webpage and the last we heard was in 2016. Has the FIA deal fell through? Has the digital license ceased to be? Has it all stopped?
IMG_2538.PNG

IMG_2539.jpg

Yes, from what I can tell, now that the website has been updated the reference to the license has disappeared.

The best I have is from recent interviews during E3 last month where Kaz still spoke of the license.
I'm sure there's a few, but here's one I quickly found.

The question starts around the 4:20 mark.

Yes, from what I can tell, now that the website has been updated the reference to the license has disappeared.

The best I have is from recent interviews during E3 last month where Kaz still spoke of the license.
I'm sure there's a few, but here's one I quickly found.

The question starts around the 4:20 mark.

Ahh, it's just odd how they aren't using it as a marketing point for the title. I was almost expecting this to be like the Apex book that GT6 owners were meant to receive.

Ahh, it's just odd how they aren't using it as a marketing point for the title. I was almost expecting this to be like the Apex book that GT6 owners were meant to receive.
Yeh, they seem to have shifted gear a bit.
A lot of the early things like the Sport mode Cups, and the 7 - 77 thing have dropped off the website.

But my impression is the license is still happening.

No, the plan is not dead.
I think they are not marketing it at the moment because it's limited for some countries/regions and not for all players.

No, the plan is not dead.
I think they are not marketing it at the moment because it's limited for some countries/regions and not for all players.

Yeah, could be. I read about it a few months ago on the official GTS website and Europe didn't seem to be included in the program.

*EDIT* should have been clearer, the FIA digital racing license.

I don't know, but I'll be interested to find out as this seemed to be a major selling point for GTS!

Just a minor point, but the question has not been phrased correctly. As a question it should read - Has the FIA digital racing license fallen through? If it was a statement of fact and not a question it would read - The FIA digital racing license fell through.

Did anyone see anything about the FIA licence in the game from the videos? Lots of video shared but nobody entered the sport menu, people reviewed livery editor, photo mode, etc..

Back