Have GT games changed your observation of cars in real life ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gumpy
  • 28 comments
  • 862 views
Messages
1,119
GT3 has changed my car observations in 3 ways.

I am amazed at how many Sylvias, Skylines, new 200sx etc there are in Adelaide, South Australia.

I take notice of more cars eg saw a Merc Kompressor the other day.

I laugh whenever I see a Toyota Echo (I think that is the Aussie name for the Vitz/Yaris).
 
All the Gran Tursimo games in general have made my view on cars much more knowledgable. I now respect some cars more than i used to, like the Miata for instance! i mean in RL you look at it as a lil bi*ch car, but now it's actually a decent all around little roadster..with Potential!

I envy you because you live in australia! i hear Supra's and Skylines/Sylvias are a common day sighting there...I live in Canada and a Supra is a once every 6 months kinda thing. Skylines? still never seen one. :(

we get tons of Mercedes tho!
 
lmao
It has made me more aware of skylines. we seem swamped in gts' and gtrs.

I saw a fiat turbo coupe a few weeks ago, and wouldnt have taken notice of it if it wasnt in the game. It looked sweeeeet!
I want one, but unfortunately it prolly the only one in NSW (if not Oz).

the down side of the game... my driving has become somewhat more agressive. Tho not when i have passengers. :)
 
Hi gumpy,
:D Do you have an ECHO that looks like the one in the game? All we have in the US are a 2-Door & 4-Door w/trunk ("Boot"), not one like in the game...UB57
:D
 
Yes - we get the four door hatch of the Echo/Vitz.
 
gt3 hsa given me knew knowlegde its my first GT game and its not gonna be my last i got ps2 for one reason gt3 man!!!! glad i did... i still play:sly:SlyCOPER:sly: when i m not playing gt3 but gt3 = awsome.. lol:D::D
 
Originally posted by Ducati
I now respect some cars more than i used to, like the Miata for instance!

I respect the Miata more too. I'm tall tho, so I'd never own one.

GT2 was my first experience with the Lancer. Living in the US a couple years ago (before Lancer came over here), I didn't even know about them. GT has made me respect Mitsubishi as a company a lot more since it exposed me to the Lancer.

I notice cars all the time now too. But we have too many SUVs! I saw a Suzuki Aero (I think that's it's name), Suzukis are extremely rare here. SLK Kompressors everywhere, the new Minis... which weren't in GT3 but I heard they were in GTC Tokyo-Geneva. Supras are pretty rare... Camaros... Corvette Z06's. LOL, my bro had an old 80's Ford Escort just like in the game... well, not Rally Edition or anything, but he was freaking out about it.

GT3 Ford Escort Rally Car is prolly the reason my bro snapped a rear axel. LOL, he was playing rally with his car in real life in one of the desert fields we have out here. All I gotta say is "dumb***" hehe.
 
after the game, now I'm more aware of the road conditions and sometimes try to attack some curves with my A4....

I enjoy driving more than ever now because the game...:)
 
Originally posted by creatureofnight
I respect the Miata more too.
You know if I could only have given you a ride in mine when I had it, I think you would have appericiated it.

I have noticed more aggresive driving, but I think the biggest thing that I noticed is when I took the car to the race track I worked a lot on driving line, learning the course and trying to use it to the fullest. I am just starting to actually tune my new car now and wanting to learn more about it. I think the GT series added a ton to my obbsesion with the automobile :)
 
Originally posted by miata13B
You know if I could only have given you a ride in mine when I had it

Incidentally, by your nick, you didn't have a 13B inside your Miata, did you? :eek: :O
 
I do notice a lot more nice cars...like Skylines and Supras. :)
 
Incidentally, by your nick, you didn't have a 13B inside your Miata, did you? :eek: :O
Actually a '89 to be exact out of a second gen. I added a Greddy turbo kit for the '89 13B, put only 10 psi of boost for normal driving. One day blew the first engine by putting too much boost at the track in it. I forgot the exact Psi, but it was way too high! Dropped the second engine in after a complete rebuild same year and started everything right. From air intake, fuel injectors, both manifolds, A rotary specialist tuning the engine, and a phat exhaust setup specifically built for that engine by a friends of mine, it was pumping out around 343hp dyno tested. Before I put anything into it, I worked the suspension and brakes because I knew I was going to have a monster on hand. I spent a total of over 15gs alone on the components that went into that car, also put in many of man hours into it. I'll tell you this, nothing felt better then pulling up to a yuppie on a deserted road (the only times I would race on the street) and totally smoke him in his Corvette, slightly modified Supras to stock ones, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. I mean how cbad would you feel if you just got whooped by a "chick car"? But a upper management fool ran over my car in his SUV while it was parked in my Work parking lot. It was a great car.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
it was pumping out around 343hp dyno tested. Before I put anything into it, I worked the suspension and brakes because I knew I was going to have a monster on hand...
I'll tell you this, nothing felt better then pulling up to a yuppie on a deserted road (the only times I would race on the street) and totally smoke him in his Corvette, slightly modified Supras to stock ones, Camaros, Mustangs, etc. I mean how cbad would you feel if you just got whooped by a "chick car"?
Damn, Dude! :eek: That's an incredible power/weight ratio! And no doubts, you'll smoke almost anyone off the line.



But a upper management fool ran over my car in his SUV while it was parked in my Work parking lot. It was a great car.
What a moron. It couldn't be saved, could it?
 
It was not worth it, The amount of tickets, the engine brackets destroyed, the engine hit the ground damaging the oil pan and internals in it, To salvage it was not worth it again. Instead using the money to work on my next project. It is coming together slowly but surely. I wanna hit that dude, but can't the whole job thing.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
It was not worth it, The amount of tickets, the engine brackets destroyed, the engine hit the ground damaging the oil pan and internals in it, To salvage it was not worth it again. Instead using the money to work on my next project. It is coming together slowly but surely. I wanna hit that dude, but can't the whole job thing.

Oh well, good luck on your project. How about a station wagon of some sort? Saw a clip of this drag where a wagon totally smoked a Corvette. It was really funny.
As for that dude, somebody's got his number I'm sure...
 
Originally posted by kogashiwa_kai
drag
Naw, I'm not a straight line type, I actually am going domestic in the US market that is. Got an '89 Iroc that I have big plans for. This is a new thing for me because of weight. It is going to be fun to turn it into a autocrossing car. Eventually I wanna be able to take it to some race circuits, but first many runs needed on a race track with it to learn the cars potential. It will take time.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
Naw, I'm not a straight line type

Heheh. Goodie for you ;) Neither am I. Which is also the reason I was so dissappointed at 'The Fast And The Furious'. I actually thought there would be 'racing', so to speak :D However, I will say that the last 'race' more than made up for the rest of the movie. I laughed so hard I nearly passed out. I'm not holding my breath for the second one...

Good luck with your project!

If you can get your hands on Japanese racing videos or movies, then it'd be interesting...
 
FATF was a let down, but whatever, I actually like the underground stuff that is made. I really want to get my hands on "Quattro Noza" but I can't find it. anyways I'm hitting the hay - peace out
 
Originally posted by gumpy
GT3 has changed my car observations in 3 ways.

I am amazed at how many Sylvias, Skylines, new 200sx etc there are in Adelaide, South Australia.

I take notice of more cars eg saw a Merc Kompressor the other day.

I laugh whenever I see a Toyota Echo (I think that is the Aussie name for the Vitz/Yaris).
A Merc Kompressor in Adelaide? :eek: I'd expect that sort of thing in Melbourne or Sydney.

I always laugh at the Echo, they're pissy! ;)
 
Originally posted by Ducati
I envy you because you live in australia! i hear Supra's and Skylines/Sylvias are a common day sighting there...I live in Canada and a Supra is a once every 6 months kinda thing. Skylines? still never seen one. :(

Oh really. We have exactly one Skyline in Finland (probably the only left side driven in the world) and I know of one 1993-> Supra (seen it) and that's it.
Plenty of Ferrari's though but who cares :p .
 
Originally posted by UB57
Hi gumpy,
:D Do you have an ECHO that looks like the one in the game? All we have in the US are a 2-Door & 4-Door w/trunk ("Boot"), not one like in the game...UB57
:D

The ones I have seen are 2 and 4 doors and look very similar if not the same to the one in the game. The 4 door looks rediculous as there is not enough room for the back door and the door itslef looks very small.
 
SInce I've played GT3 I've started to take to the NIssan Z cars. Altough the greatest Z cars are hard to find the newer 200sx and 240 sx's are sweet cars. A friend of mine has a very unique 94 300zx with the lambergini door conversion (where the doors slide up). As for myself I actually tried to soup up my 94 Legacy wagon. I dropped a hks turbo on it along with headers, cai, and exhaust. It's hitting 250hp estimated maybe more. I know that wagons arent cool but at least its fast. If it wasn't for GT3 I probablly wouldn't have researched the mods for my car.
 
my bro is getting a bmw 1989 325 is coupe and he will turn it into a half race half drift car anyway im only 14 and i cant wait to get my car BTW maybe he will give me his bmw:D
 
Originally posted by gumpy
The ones I have seen are 2 and 4 doors and look very similar if not the same to the one in the game. The 4 door looks rediculous as there is not enough room for the back door and the door itslef looks very small.

Actually those are 3- and 5-door if you want to be more correct...
 
Gran Turismo got me interested in cars

Gran Turismo 2 got me interested in Skylines and motorsport

Gran Turismo 3 got me even more interested in Skylines (and even more still after i drove Dads' Skyline)

Gran Turismo Concept got me interested in the not-so-powerful cars and the awesome Mercedes CLK 55. (mind you, that was also because there was one at the recent Festival of Speed)
 
Gran Turismo 3, the game with wich I started my GT experience, made me see the whole car world. you see, I was a car fan already, but Japanese imports seeemed like crap to me. above all I'm a hot rodder, and altough I enjoy every type of car, I really felt sorry for those driving imports... that was till GT came and splattered in my face subarus, skylines, lancers, and all that stuff. If there is one thing that GT will do, is give the Japanese cars an improved value and get you interested on them. It's almost made for that. it's 80% Japanese cars, 20% whatever. check out the posts on these thread. 90% of them says that they got interested in skylines and the such. well, now I enjoy a wider spectrum of automotive culture. also, changed my priority from performance to top performance and engineering. and alsooo it made me sort out the thrills of the road and the tricks of going trough it. apexes, curves, angles, the such. Yeah, GT is a lot more than a game. Its a real driving simulator.

Cano

even now, V8 rulez!
 
I found that after i played the GT sereis (excuse spelling) that my car knowlege tunning knowlege and just recognising cars has gone up a level or two and i have come to apprecieate japanese cars more. :)
 
Here in Malaysia you can find most of the Japanese cars ( Skyline , Supra's etc. ) with a dozen or so Ferrari's and Porsche's and Lotus Elise's . But in my place , there's about 1 Porsche , 1 Skyline ( R32 ) , 2 Supra's , and tons of Honda Civics and Integra . There's one RED HOT Civic Type-R in my school . Malaysians are pretty crazy about tuning cars and modifying them , so where ever you go , you'll surely see alotta modified cars . Oh , and illegal racing is VERY rampant here too .
 
Back