Have I got a bad print of GT5? UK guys, help please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -viper-
  • 21 comments
  • 3,451 views
Messages
340
Messages
VLPER9
Well, in the leaked copy, the spelling for A-Spec and B-Spec in GT Life main page is as follows:
A-Spec
B-spec

This was the case in the leaked copy. In the US release, this appears to be fixed. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad copy of the game.

I'm from the UK and ordered the game from Shop To.

Can anyone who ordered from the UK confirm whether they have the same issue?
 
Its probably just a bug. They will probably fix it in an update.:)
 
But I need to know if other UK guys have the same problem?

If they do, then I can rest easy that I'm not some unlucky with a poor copy :P
 
But I need to know if other UK guys have the same problem?

If they do, then I can rest easy that I'm not some unlucky with a poor copy :P

Same here dude. Not to worry, eh?
 
Im from SA busy instaling the update will check after it's done as the SA games are the same as the uk one's (usually)
SE is awesome my apex book was damaged :ouch:

Mine looks normal

A-spec
B-spec
 
Last edited:
Well, in the leaked copy, the spelling for A-Spec and B-Spec in GT Life main page is as follows:
A-Spec
B-spec

This was the case in the leaked copy. In the US release, this appears to be fixed. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bad copy of the game.

I'm from the UK and ordered the game from Shop To.

Can anyone who ordered from the UK confirm whether they have the same issue?

I wouldn't think it's a "bad copy", I'd think it's an awesome copy of the game! Just thinking that you are one of the lucky few who have a "different" copy of the game. :)
 
Am I to understand that this thread is all over the capitalisation of one letter?... Kinda reminds me of NZ where this one town is spending millions of taxpayer dollars on enquiries into whether it should be name Whanganui or Wanganui....
 
Can anyone who ordered from the UK confirm whether they have the same issue?

If you mean the images/buttons you select to go into the different careers then no, mine are "fixed". Have you downloaded the update or is your PS3 offline?
 
I downloaded the update.

Where did you buy your copy from?
 
I found out I can't even take photomode shots in Arcade mode.


When I press start, it simply quits the replay.

SOUNDS LIKE I GOT A BOTCHED COPY :(

I guess I'll sell this on eBay and buy another one from Amazon in a couple of months.
 
Mine's updated and it says A-Spec and B-spec and i got it from Shopto as well ~suspicion increases~. With the replay you call up the HUD by pressing Select or moving the analogue sticks (i can't remember which).
 
I also got mine from ShopTo and find this a little unnerving:

316b7rk.jpg


Not even the usual French, Spanish, German... just Turkish and Greek.
 
I found out I can't even take photomode shots in Arcade mode.


When I press start, it simply quits the replay.

SOUNDS LIKE I GOT A BOTCHED COPY :(

I guess I'll sell this on eBay and buy another one from Amazon in a couple of months.

I think that's a limitation of arcade mode maybe ? Have you tried entering photomode from a normal A-Spec replay ?

And WHY in HELL would you sell the defective one on ebay ! (if it even is defective) You "maybe" got a crappy version that does not work, WHY would you do that to the next EBay-er. That's why I don't buy stuff of ebay anymore. Everybody is just ripping off people there ... if you would just "deal" with your loss ... i guess people just like to lie and decive on a daily basis ... humanity is so over ...
 
I also got mine from ShopTo and find this a little unnerving:

<image>

Not even the usual French, Spanish, German... just Turkish and Greek.

Mine came from Amazon and had the same language selection, which initially worried me too. However it seems that it will use whatever language your console is set to - and presumably if you want the game in French your console would also be in French - except for Greek and Turkish which apparently can't be used on the XMB.
 
I also got mine from ShopTo and find this a little unnerving:

<snip>

Not even the usual French, Spanish, German... just Turkish and Greek.

It means any language supported by the XMB will be chosen automatically (so if your XMB language is French, the top option would read "XMB Setting (French)"), but Turkish and Greek are not available via the XMB and so are separate options you can select instead.

EDIT: Khaddar beat me :P
 
Mine came from Amazon and had the same language selection, which initially worried me too. However it seems that it will use whatever language your console is set to - and presumably if you want the game in French your console would also be in French - except for Greek and Turkish which apparently can't be used on the XMB.

Ah, that would make sense. I knew that games often selected your XMB language as default but wasn't sure why it chose to display Turkish and Greek. Not being available on the XMB clears it up.
 
For those who got the game from Amazon, does it say A-Spec B-spec?
 
My shopto copy is:

A-spec
B-spec

That's with the online update.

Haven't been following the leaked copy situation or anything so no idea what this means.
 
I also got mine from ShopTo and find this a little unnerving:

316b7rk.jpg


Not even the usual French, Spanish, German... just Turkish and Greek.

I nearly shat myself when I saw that, I thought I had a Greek/Turkish version!
 
GranTurismoer, mind telling me where you got your copy from and whether A-Spec and B-Spec are spelt correctly?

Or is it like mine, A-Spec, and B-spec?

Have you noticed anything fishy about your game? Any removed features etc?
 
So far, I seem to be incapable of taking photomode shots in ARCADE MODE.
 
GranTurismoer, mind telling me where you got your copy from and whether A-Spec and B-Spec are spelt correctly?

Or is it like mine, A-Spec, and B-spec?

Have you noticed anything fishy about your game? Any removed features etc?

I would love to help but as of right now I don't have access to my PS3, I'll let you know as soon as I can.
 
Back