Have the GT Sport saves been turned off ?

• Thread starter zooburner
  • 9 comments
England
England
zooburner
I re-downloaded GT Sport yesterday (on PS4) to have a blast, i got halfway through the missions etc and everything seemed okay.

I start it up this morning and i get the message 'server and save data cannot be checked.. test connection etc'

I have checked my connection and the PS4 is connecting fine to both the internet and servers, this has been going on for several hours now, and idea's ?

Same here, just missed the 8pm race slot because it was stuck on a black screen then said it couldn't load the save data.

It still lets me share liveries (big pita getting them over to GT7, one by one, lot of waiting, some don't match) which prompts online save. Not sure why the save can't be retrieved anymore.

Tried again around 10:30 pm-ish and was able to play as normal, although the same screen did come first before everything went back to normal. Kind of strange.....

Last edited:
Same here, just missed the 8pm race slot because it was stuck on a black screen then said it couldn't load the save data.

It still lets me share liveries (big pita getting them over to GT7, one by one, lot of waiting, some don't match) which prompts online save. Not sure why the save can't be retrieved anymore.
I thought getting liveries over from GT sport to GT7 was a one time thing. You can still transfer files?

Still the same here. Also GT7 has no online.

I thought getting liveries over from GT sport to GT7 was a one time thing. You can still transfer files?
I have had success creating liveries in GTS and exporting to GT7. If the vehicle is named exactly the same in both games, if you “share” the GTS livery as “open to all” the livery should appear in GT7 when you press “open” in the livery editor.

Make sure that you are “in” the correct car in GT7 when doing this.

It looks like it's saving locally and online, but if you get a corrupted save (not uncommon in GTA Sport) then you won't be able to download your backup!

Maybe saving progress locally is the way to go, How do you report a problem to the network ?

Last edited:
I was doing it wrong as I didn't know how. I was opening the liveries on ps4, saving them again (creating a duplicate), then applying them again which takes 20 seconds, then the option to share turns up. Only the ones shared show up in GT7 when you open liveries in GT Auto. Later I figured out you can share liveries much faster through my library in GT Sport, press triangle on the already saved liveries.

So now I have a whole bunch of duplicates in my library and not sure if it's safe to delete the duplicates or if that might remove them from my cars. I guess it should be safe to delete the non shared ones since I applied them again. Somehow some liveries are duplicated a lot in the library. Probably from when I kept saving them to do a race, then go back to the editor in between online races to work a bit on the livery, repeat. Which is the finished one doh.

Anyway, it's not a one time thing. If you share a livery, it will show up in GT7 when you open design and its compatible with that car. (For example the GR.3 Audi from GT Sport is not the same as the R8 LMS Evo in GT7, so not working for that)

Back