Have we had a graphics update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter N24_VANTAGE
  • 9 comments
  • 1,195 views
Messages
139
Messages
N24_VANTAGE
Hi folks! First off, Merry Christmas!

Second, did we have a graphic update in the last update for GT5? I only ask because I've just taken a picture in photomode and I have hardly an jaggy's dispite doing the worlds longest drift... I just sat back and admired by handy work and thought... wait... no jaggys?!? :nervous: 👍

Any thoughts? I can post the picture up if it helps?
 
I'm not aware of any graphics updates, are you sure you aren't instinctively positioning the camera better? It is possible that they just updated photo mode though, I rarely take pictures and wouldn't spot it.
 
Jaggy's usually come with standards cars. Premium cars photograph better.
 
I think you're referring to the smoke.. it's still jaggy looking.
 
Snow is far less jagged in photo mode but still prevalent while driving, though not as much as before. And to answer your question, we DID have an update where one of the main changes was to reduce the jaggedness of the smoke.
 
PD had improved some small stuff, but its quite better than 1.0
 
Yes everything does look exceptionally pretty but I can't confirm any graphics upgrade.

There is one exception: SCREEN TEARING. I have noticed a LOT more tearing in the past few weeks, online and offline. Could this be affected by the display settings? I recently changed it from "normal" to "sharpen."
 
Possibly, I noticed abit more tearing, but not much...
 
Nope, no graphics update as far as I know. Maybe it's just the positioning of the camera that makes it seem that the smoke during the drift is smoother and has much less of a jaggy texture.
 
I'll post the pic in a while and people can judge for themselves.
 
Back