Have you ever caught somebody online using one of your liveries?

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Probably one of the greatest feelings a livery creator could have is seeing somebody else online racing with your livery, proving to yourself that your work has made it onto other people's games. After seeing a BMW M6 livery that looked really close to my original one, but not exactly. I was inspired to make this thread to see if anyone has actually seen other people "rocking" their liveries.

This thread concept is similar to the Sport Mode Spotted thread. So post the times when it happened down below, be it on Sport Mode, Open Lobbies, the Discover Tab, YouTube etc.

Probably one of the greatest feelings a livery creator could have is seeing somebody else online racing with your livery, proving to yourself that your work has made it onto other people's games. After seeing a BMW M6 livery that looked really close to my original one, but not exactly. I was inspired to make this thread to see if anyone has actually seen other people "rocking" their liveries.

This thread concept is similar to the Sport Mode Spotted thread. So post the times when it happened down below, be it on Sport Mode, Open Lobbies, the Discover Tab, YouTube etc.

Yes, I have, and it has actually turned into a PSN friend out of it. It was on 7/5 in Daily Race B Gr.3 at Northern Isle.

I figured that it doesn't get anymore NASCAR than that daily and since everyone basically uses the AMG '16 as the META car, that would be my base model.

I made stock model livery (everything but the main car sponsor and car number....basically just side stack sponsors) and in between daily races (about 12 minutes) starting making replicas of old school '80s and early '90s NASCARs in hopes the community would just run with the theme if they wanted.

Wasn't long before I started seeing these cars out there, and actually started taking requests!

It was way more fun than I thought it would be and I easily made more than a dozen different driver replicas that day.

And you are totally right with the excitement of seeing someone using your work. It's almost as much fun as winning. Here are a couple that I saw personally.
Screenshot_20180711-115849_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180711-115737_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180711-115755_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180711-115927_Chrome.jpg
and obviously the most popular for likes and most sceen on the track.......
Screenshot_20180711-115832_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180711-115816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180711-115816_Chrome.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
I've seen a couple of people use the Mario Kart logos that I uploaded some weeks ago, though nothing with a complete livery yet.

Not to go off topic but doesn't this thread already exist here somewhere? I know I read about this topic a while back. Too lazy to find it, though.

Back to topic. I have seen people use my liveries but not more than on images.

Was pleasantly surprised to find this clip of someone using my Gr.2 Mistral Motorsport livery...

Here is a screenshot and link to said livery (since updated).
Mistral Motorsport GT-R #92.jpg

Thankfully you've brought this up, Waffle Man.

I had a Kō Yagami Atenza that was published just a few days before Round 15 of the Nations Cup at Bathurst. And then a Japanese friend of mine (who is a bigger creator than me with 6x the amount of my GTS Community followers) decided to do the usual L&R, but I didn't expect him to actually use said car in that race! He unfortunately did not get a good result as he was practicing with the Vantage before making the last minute switch to the Atenza during Race Day.

The livery in question, click here:
8079545763442492984_23.jpg

Here's the picture of him using the car:
6918179940739351552_0.jpg

P.S: This livery has the most likes out of ALL of my liveries (42 likes VS 19 of the Karen Araragi GR Supra RC V1, which is the 2nd most liked one), which is helped that the decal in question (by Xerocho) was trending at the time of release.

The title of the thread makes it sound like people are doing something wrong by using a users livery. :lol:

Anyway, I was watching the YT streamer SuperGT a few months ago, and he mentioned that he would like a Super Formula car with a Discos (UK crisp/potato chip brand) livery, so I did one, and he used it in a stream, and has used it a few times since, and that has been very gratifying. :)

Last edited:
Not directly but a friend of mine is using one of my liveries and he said that he gets a lot of compliments on it when he goes into lobbies. :)

sorry to hijack this thread for my stupid question below, but

How do you use someone else livery design? I would to do so, and i guess you can do it, but I dont have a clue??

Could someone please teach me, and eventually i will get to use one of your livery ;) :P :cheers:

Thanks in advance

sorry to hijack this thread for my stupid question below, but

How do you use someone else livery design? I would to do so, and i guess you can do it, but I dont have a clue??

Could someone please teach me, and eventually i will get to use one of your livery ;) :P :cheers:

Thanks in advance
If you want to use other people's designs, you can do so by selecting the exact same car that the livery creator used (say a WRX Gr.3 livery, so you select said car in your garage), then click on the Change Car Livery button. Then go to the drop down box and choose Collection. The downloaded livery should be there, or any other downloaded ones for the matter.

Just reminded myself of this thread after spotting my BTCC-style ROKiT Scirocco design in the thumbnail for this YouTube stream:

The original Livery Editor screenshot posted to GTP:

Had the pleasure of racing against this particular streamer in a few practice lobbies this year; at Autopolis, he seemed very surprised by the rocket starts I was getting in the pink WRX:

Also had the pleasure of seeing someone else use my Vitaphone Citroen livery in an FIA Manufacturers lobby last year.

Last edited:
I have yet to see somebody use my liveries in any races sadly, I hope one day it'll happen :lol: :nervous: :embarrassed:

Back