Have You Ever.....

I was just wondering if you guys have ever had an "OH ****" moment?... I had one the other day and also one today.

The first one was when I was in a RUF CTR, it was LVL,3 and I was on the Nurburgring and I think it was turn 4 I was coming in HOT! I slam on the brakes and turn the wheel and CRAP massive understeer and now I am going to hit the wall all of a sudden everything slows way down......then......BANG!! and everything goes white and I start to think WTF just happened to me was it my imagination...did I have some kind of weird time slow down thing or was it the game? But no Enthusia has some WICKED AWESOME EFFECTS!!!

The second wasn't so "odd" as the first but I was in a RX-7 (FD) and it was LVL,6 and I entered a race and won and got the car to be upgraded to LVL,7 and I enter a race on the Dragon Range and I'm like sweet now I will have a little extra power...But no.....it wasn't a little change it was HUGE I have never had that big of a change with a car before. After the car got the second power upgrade it completely changed the car, it was too much power and it through off the balance of the car. My lap time was 15 seconds SLOWER after the power upgrade than before.

so feel free to share your "OH ****" experience with the rest of us.

Sometime ago that visual effect was referred here as the "life flashing before your eyes" effect :lol:

My most OS moment was by the first time I drove on Nurb reverse, I was the entire lap trying to figure out where I was, (eating grass many times) and when I arrived at the "Carrousel" at a stupid speed and with the car completely off-balance (in Nurb reverse the Carrousel is almost invisible until you are actually there, and it appears, after a fast section, just after you make a left turn (the Carrousel in reverse is a right turn, of course).

I just remember to think: "Oh Noooooo ... #$%&"@ .... CCCRRRASHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Well, in my Enthusia Life career, I managed to achieve rank 1 in Enthusia Life within the first game-year, and was wondering to myself, "is that all? Nothing special happens?" One or two more game-weeks went by, and all of a sudden I was confronted with the King of the Year race in RS. Based on the name of the race and the change in music, I realized that this was the final step needed to "complete" my EL career.

At the time, I was still sitting in my E30 M3 (Lvl. 10), which I had used for about 80% of my EL career, and that was fine by me -- I would have preferred no other car to take on a 2-lap race around the 'Ring. When I entered the race, however, I noticed that the game had taken out all the stops and had placed several B-class cars on the grid, including an R32 Skyline GT-R and one of the Imprezas (can't remember which).

The race started out well, mainly because everyone except for me drove straight into the wall on the first left-hander. :rolleyes: However, soon the Impreza and GT-R were hard on my tail, the GT-R literally tapping my bumper on the straightaways. I was able to gain a slight bit of distance from every corner, but my naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder was no match for the turbocharged straight-6 and flat-4 on the straights. Upon reaching Döttinger Hohe at the end of the first lap, the GT-R and Impreza walked away from me, setting me back to third place. The remaining three cars were nowhere to be found.

The second lap consisted of almost nothing but trying to claw my way back into pole position. Even when I passed the Impreza, its constant attempts to shove past me inhibited my ability to catch the GT-R. Finally, I passed the GT-R somewhere between Kallenhard and Bergwerk, and with some concentration, I kept adding distance between myself and the Nissan from then until Galgenkopf. However, since I was once again on Döttinger Hohe, I could do nothing but watch as the turbocharged AWD beast grew ever larger in my rear-view mirror, eventually tapping my bumper.

When the GT-R backed off a bit and moved to pass me, I turned to cut him off, inciting the AI's "freak out and slam on the brakes" action. This continued on until the penultimate corner, where the GT-R took the inside around me. We entered the final corner simultaneously, but I was had the inside line and exited ahead.

As we crossed the finish line, the corner of Godzilla's front bumper was rubbing against my driver's side door. I was less than half a car length from losing it all. :)

I just got Enthusia, and my oh **** moment was when I first started playing it haha. It was so much better (in my opinion) than GT4, I especially love the clutch button! I'll probably have better moments once I play it more.

Back