Having difficulty accessing GTP pages

• Thread starter JKgo
  • 3 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Since early yesterday I'm having some difficulty accessing several threads in GTP.
These are:
GT6 meme thread - it takes almost 5-6 minutes to load up a page, even then pictures are not loaded completely.
Suggestions forums - same story.
To a lesser degree: everywhere else.

I haven't experienced such dramatically slow speeds anywhere else. Now before you ask "how fast your internet lolz", I've no problem accessing other websites such as IGN, BBC, Youtube, RM Auctions etc.

It is only with GTPlanet. :(

And yeah, as I mentioned before, it started since yesterday.

Is there something going on with the site that I'm not aware of? :confused:

...Right now, almost all the pages seem to load in normally. Hmm. I guess there was a gremlin in the system or something...:irked:

There's been no issues with the site infrastructure; you're quite far away from the server, so there was probably just a clog somewhere in your Internet tubes. Glad it's resolved for you.

It's been the same for me for a while now on and off. Threads that are data heavy (latest purchase, pics of yourself etc) can be extremely slow to load at times irrespective of the three connections I use, home wired, home wifi and mobile 4g.
I can understand the home connections with the kids chewing up bandwidth but the 4g connection confuses me, a couple of times it's happened I've closed the browser and performed a speed check on the mobile which more often than not gives me a speed of >40Mb/s yet the threads run at dial up speeds. :confused:

Back