Having Issues Downshifting in ACC/PS4 - Thrustmaster T300

United States
United States
GadgetGeek208
Hey all... I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to why my T300 has very often but random issues downshifting in ACC. I'm running a T300 with the TM Open Wheel rim and very often, It won't downshift as I'm slowing down coming up to a turn. It's never a predictable time or pattern, just randomly it won't downshift when I pull the paddle.

I'm on the latest firmware from TM. This is not an issue I have on any other game. Just ACC... Which is a real bummer because ACC is my absolute favorite!

Sometimes, I can do a 45 minute race and it only happens a few times or it can happen multiple time per lap. I've gotten used to it but it's still pretty frustrating because it will screw my rhythm up in a race when I really need to have everything working correctly.

Has anyone else here had this issue? If so, how do you fix it?

Hey all... I'm curious if anyone has any insight as to why my T300 has very often but random issues downshifting in ACC. I'm running a T300 with the TM Open Wheel rim and very often, It won't downshift as I'm slowing down coming up to a turn. It's never a predictable time or pattern, just randomly it won't downshift when I pull the paddle.

I'm on the latest firmware from TM. This is not an issue I have on any other game. Just ACC... Which is a real bummer because ACC is my absolute favorite!

Sometimes, I can do a 45 minute race and it only happens a few times or it can happen multiple time per lap. I've gotten used to it but it's still pretty frustrating because it will screw my rhythm up in a race when I really need to have everything working correctly.

Has anyone else here had this issue? If so, how do you fix it?
This happens from time to time for me as well. From what I remember reading on reddit and in the official forums, is that some (or all) of the cars have a protection mechanism so it will not allow you to over rev when downshifting.

Yes, its most likely the downshift protection. Just try to adjust your shifting and gradually change down as your car slows rather than hammering the left paddle as you brake.
I did exactly that and had to learn my lesson. I was used to hammer it down super fast. Now I’m more aware of it.
Part of the learning process imo and i love it.

I experience this same problem as well. Last night at Laguna Seca in one of the special events in the Huracan it was particularly bad and I agree with the OP it really does spoil your rythm. I guessed it was some sort of protection and can only assume that some cars are worse with it than others.

Back