Having issues with the 24 minutes of Le Mans? This will help. (C9 Tune)

United States
United States
Ech0Ambar1
Hello! First time poster, long time lurker. I couldn't find a thread that seemed to be very helpful for this race, so I thought I'd make one. After repeated attempts through various cars, I think I've found out how to make it work. I managed to find a setup that granted me a 75+ second victory, and I thought I'd share.

THE CAR
I used a Sauber C9, but I reckon that any Group C car will do. The LMPs are simply uncompetitive on the straight in my experience.

THE FIELD
Toyota 7 / Minolta / C9 rounded out the first three cars. It's a solid field, you'll make mincemeat of them by your first stop.

THE SETUP
Stock parts all around. The last thing this needs is more power. 691pp. My only modifications from stock:
Ride height (75/75)
Camber (0.5/0.5)
Toe (0.00/0.20)
Transmission (242 auto set)
Differential (10/12/20)
Aero (475/700)

RACE STRATEGY
Started on race softs all around. In case the track dries out, race mediums on the rears may be prudent. 2 stop strategy- short shift around 6k to preserve fuel. Your first stop should come at the end of lap 3 running pretty much on empty. By then, you should have at least a 30 second lead depending on ai pit timing. Try to stay between 3:33 and 3:35 for maximized performance to wear. Full tank. Your second stop will come at the end of lap 5 with around a 45 second lead- safe to go race softs all around until the end. Congratulations! You've won.

AIDS
MT
Driving line on
TCS: 2
ABS: 1
All else off.

Back