HD, VGA boxes and ME!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Finch
  • 4 comments
  • 569 views
Messages
6
here we go, I want to hook my PS2 into a computer monitor instead of a TV for the cnovience. I have a cheap VGA box that works, but it craps out after about 15min of play from overheating or some random problem. so I was going to buy a better one and thought I might be able to improve things a bit while im at it

a) what cable on the PS2 does high definition, do I need the component cables, or will RCA or S-Video work too

b) will a computer monitor support HD, so if I got a HD capable VGA box will it actually be worth it on my monitor

c) if anyone has done this already, any suggestions on VGA boxes. I want one with a pass through so I dont have to unplug my monitor from my computer to play.
 
I'm doing the same thing, and I made a topic about it yesterday, should be right above this one right now lol.

I've been researching for a while and have come up empty mostly, but I have found that most monitors produce HD quality picture because the run progressive scan images. PS2 runs default 480i, or interlaced images. You need something that will change interlaced to p-scan. For a while, expensive stuff (over 100) was the only way to go, but I think the cheap means are getting better lately. Check out my topic for some suggestions.
 
TV Card with SVHS input and then use DScaler ?...

Will allow you to record replays etc. as well....
 
component cables are the only thing that carry an hd signal. invest in a component to vga adapter if they exist.
 
placebo
component cables are the only thing that carry an hd signal. invest in a component to vga adapter if they exist.
Yearh... But good luck getting a true HD signal out of the PS2 ;)
 
Back