Head Confirms talks with JV

-}=Dr={-Devil-}

(Banned)
Yeah! Looks Promising for next year :D

Again Article on www.f1-live.com

Technical director Patrick Head said here Thursday that Williams have talked to former world champion Jacques Villeneuve but denied he is to test for the team in the near future.

Head, speaking at the Monaco Grand Prix, admitted he has met Villeneuve once to discuss his availability for 2005. But Head said that he and team boss Frank Williams had not agreed to test Canadian Villeneuve, who won the world championship for them in 1997, despite speculation he was at the Paul Ricard circuit last week.

"We certainly had one discussion with him," Head said when asked about talks with Villeneuve. But he added: "I was rung up after Barcelona saying that they understood Jacques Villeneuve was at Ricard and was going to be driving one of our cars there. It was certainly the first I knew about it. I did buzz upstairs and asked Frank whether he had set something up and hadn't told me about it, but he also denied all knowledge."

When asked if Villeneuve would test in the future, Head added: "All is possible in the future. I can't and won't make any comment on it."

Villeneuve left Williams in 1999 to move BAR-Honda, the team set up by his manager Craig Pollock, but he was ditched at the end of last season. He will spend the 2004 campaign on the sidelines, but could make a return with Williams next year.

Juan Pablo Montoya will leave Williams to join McLaren at the end of the year while his team-mate Ralf Schumacher has yet to sign a new deal and could switch to Toyota.

Back