Head tracking with playstation EYE when using raceframe and projector?

  • Thread starter Thread starter djustiz
  • 6 comments
  • 3,183 views
Messages
90
Messages
djustiz
I am currently running a Playseat Evolution style DIY raceframe and a projector for display. As GT5 gets nearer and nearer, I'm thinking of buying a Playstation EYE for head trackingn to get the most of the long awaited game. :) Does anyone know how much lighting is needed for the PS EYE to track head movements? I'm also interested in any experiences with placement of the PS EYE when using projector+raceframe.
 
I have not tried it but I'm pretty sure it won't work well sadly. The small sensor just won't be able to pick up enough light in a dark room.

I was looking at possibly doing this:
http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/4189/
But I'm not sure if the head tracking software uses just the outline or if it needs colors as well.
 
Interesting mod - but I don't think I'm rich enough to buy a PS EYE, mod it, and then maybe have it work with my setup. If I already had a PS EYE, I guess I would have been cutting away the IR blocking filter right now. ;-)
 
I don't play any games besides Gran Turismo - and I'm pretty sure head tracking on PS3 will only be available through PS EYE. ;)
 
Sorry...I didn't read through the entire post...I thought this was for PC.
 
Back