Headphones connection options?

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

This will, I assume and hope, be a simple question for the more seasoned racers here - Please bear with me, I am a bit of a newbie on these things...

I have just built my first profile rig. I am delighted with it! I have the wheel base plugged into one USB slot on the PS4. I have a controller plugged into the second USB slot. My headphones are connected to the controller and said controller is, currently, cable tied to my rig.

I have tried to search for a more "elegant" way of doing this, to no avail. I am probably using the wrong search terms when googling to find this solution.

Is there a piece of electronic wizardry that I can buy anywhere please? Or a better solution to this one?

Thank you, as always, for you help!

Best regards to all here.

Ian

I run headphones from monitor headphone port.

Specifically I run it via a small headphone amp which allows separate outputs for speakers, buttkicker and headphones all of which gives me individual volume control for each.

Although it involves a bit more expense, I suppose the most "elegant" option would be to purchase wireless headphones. There would be no need to have the controller connected at all then, probably just the wireless dongle plugged into that 2nd port instead.

Hello again,

I like the option of doing both of these. That said - won't that remove my 'audio in' option for talking to others?

Cheers.

Ian.

won't that remove my 'audio in' option for talking to others?
For the wireless headset, no. Depending on the headset, once paired with your console, audio and mic communication are usually all wireless.

A quick look at Amazon found me the headset and mic combo below. There are cheaper models and there are (much!) more expensive ones to.

I don't know if this good or not, the reviews seem okay, but Turtle Beach are a well known make so I thought I'd show you this as an example.
(Basically, have a look around at what's available, there might be better for your money. 😉)

Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Black Multiplatform Wireless 15+ Hour Battery Gaming Headset for PS5, PS4 and PC.

What put me off wireless headphones was being unable to run the buttkicker with them.
Yes that would be a problem. Perhaps wireless from an amp? Although you'd need an amp with Bluetooth.
It's a wonder they don't do a wireless butkicker or similar. The less wires running around a rig the better.

Back