Headset and mic for PS4

United Kingdom
Earth
Hi,

I need some advice. I play Project Cars 2 on a PS4 with a Fanatec CSL Elite setup. I want to get a headset with mic but how do I connect it and what is the best value for money?

There is no port on the Fanatec so will it connect straight to the PS4 or is a Bluetooth one the best option.

Thanks in advance.

I had (before I woke up and it was broken) no idea what happened,
An AfterGlow level 5 headset 3/4 are also good, great sound quality for chat use and if you don’t want the in-game sound coming through the speakers. It also lights up which looks cool. Although it is not Bluetooth I never had any issues with the wires. :)

I had (before I woke up and it was broken) no idea what happened,
An AfterGlow level 5 headset 3/4 are also good, great sound quality for chat use and if you don’t want the in-game sound coming through the speakers. It also lights up which looks cool. Although it is not Bluetooth I never had any issues with the wires. :)

Just ordered Sony 2.0 as found new on eBay for £35

my Sony gold served me well for over 5 years. Only replaced it because it was falling to pieces and I was out of duct tape :)
Does it have mic monitoring so you can hear yourself? And separate volumes for game and party chat?

there is a volume control on one side and a balance (game/chat) switch on the other. You can balance those in the party settings also. The mic is internal so nothing sticking out. I was never hearing myself

Mic monitoring is kind of a dealbreaker for me. It makes such a difference to be able to hear yourself speak so you don't shout a lot

Mic monitoring is kind of a dealbreaker for me. It makes such a difference to be able to hear yourself speak so you don't shout a lot

There is mic monitoring DP, you'll know what he's on about if you mute and unmute the headset whilst talking @nosoks . When unmuted the headset filters external noise into the headset so that you can hear yourself clearer and don't get the 'head noise' effect.

Hi,

I need some advice. I play Project Cars 2 on a PS4 with a Fanatec CSL Elite setup. I want to get a headset with mic but how do I connect it and what is the best value for money?

There is no port on the Fanatec so will it connect straight to the PS4 or is a Bluetooth one the best option.

Thanks in advance.

You can always just plug a headset into your PS4 controller.
Just keep the controller as far away as possible while loading the game though.

Back