Headset Buying Help

United States
somewhere in PA
deadcell96
I have recently been in the market for a pair of headsets. So far, I've narrowed it down to two. Those are the Turtle Beach P11s and the Tritton Ax 180s. Both of these headsets are very similar, making this decision harder than it should be. Even after reading and watching review after review for both headsets, I am still unsure. If any of you has had experience with either of these headsets, then I would really appreciate your input. I am open to suggestions, but they have to be able to work on the PS3 and PC as well as being in the same price range of the two I listed.

I have the p11's. Can't fault them really. For their price range I have found then:
-Reliable
-Good bass
-PC compatible
-Decent mic

but i don't think they are the comfiest thing ever. That's a personal thing though. I would reccomend them :)

Yeah I might be leaning towards the P11s. I figured that even though the AX180s look nice, I won't be able to admire them while they're on my head. I would just go for the PX21s but there are a bunch of horror stories about their build quality.

Just like the topic creator, I am looking to get a new PS3 headset.

My Shortlist

*Astro Gaming A40
*Tritton AX Pro
*Turtle Beach XP Seven
*Turtle Beach DPX21
*Turtle Beach DP11

Just like the topic creator, I am looking to get a new PS3 headset.

My Shortlist

*Astro Gaming A40
*Tritton AX Pro
*Turtle Beach XP Seven
*Turtle Beach DPX21
*Turtle Beach DP11
Funny thing is that the sharkoon x-tatic digital is basically the same as the tritton, but costs much less.

Last edited:
I use px5 and love them. I would recommend something that uses replaceable batteries and purchase rechargeables. Always keep one pair on the charger.

Caz
I use px5 and love them. I would recommend something that uses replaceable batteries and purchase rechargeables. Always keep one pair on the charger.

Same here and I always have a set of rechargeables ready. Love the headset.

Steelseries Siberia V2 would be my recommendation. They're absurdly comfortable.

I want to turn all mics off on every PS3 game when I play online. I've heard it's possible with the headsets, there should be a way to keep the game audio output from the speakers and other people talk, chat and swearing on the headphones. I obviously won't use the headphones. I just need them as a cut off. Isn't that weird there isn't an option to mute people off, straight from PS3 menu, in case some lame developers forgot to add a mute button?

Back