Heavy Damage in FIA & Daily races

• Thread starter Hygrade B
  • 18 comments

Would you like the Damage in both the Daily and FIA races to be set to Heavy?

• No because you can't drive without ramming

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Jamaican living in UK
Hygrade-B
Hi

I am new to the game only a month plus.

What is your views on have heavy damage in both FIA and Daily races.

Me personally I would love encourage PD to add it to all if not 50% of the daily & FIA races.
It would reduce ramming because that person would have to pit for repairs, Yes I do know many innocent people will be damaged but it will still be better because the rammer will either stop ramming or will end up way at the back.

Another thing that would be nice is if the penalties for pushing people off the track is added to your time at the end & not served in the game.
Cutting corners should stay as is but be set to strong.

Please vote I would love to see how many cleaner driver agree.

Thanks

I'd like the cars to be able to fly and the cars to explode on impact with one another :)

I think heavy damage with the current penalty system would send most people mad!

Yes , but before the collision physic must be upgrade ( no more pinball like )

The Newton's Cradle physics we have now is laughable but there has to be some inertia following a collision. If the cars deform from the initial contact though, it should reduce the pinball effect.

Last year during the FIA Exhibition seasons they used heavy damage. I'd take a guess and say anyone below DR A would have a miserable experience if it were to return. You get caught in a bowling alley at turn one, you limp round for a lap, you pit to repair, you're 40 seconds off the lead after one lap. No thank you.

Last year during the FIA Exhibition seasons they used heavy damage. I'd take a guess and say anyone below DR A would have a miserable experience if it were to return. You get caught in a bowling alley at turn one, you limp round for a lap, you pit to repair, you're 40 seconds off the lead after one lap. No thank you.

That's real racing. GT series needs to evolve and transcend if they want to move more towards real racing. Have damage or option to turn on damage thru out the entire game including tire wear and fuel. Meaning all time trials, license test etc and people will get better. I remember early days of PC1 could barely make it a few laps around a track with out getting terminal damage. PC2 seems to me more forgiving with damage but still when playing often times struggle to place or maybe even finish a race. I am fine with that and okay with finishing last or mid pack etc as typically even at that the experience is better more rewarding.

It would reduce ramming because that person would have to pit for repairs
I've played with full damage in another game, and people just ram you in a way that means you get damage and they don't. A fairly subtle ram in the right place can make the victim change direction enough to hit a trackside object. Little damage from the car to car collision, so the rammer doesn't take damage, but the victim takes huge damage from hitting an immovable object.

It's also no substitute for a satisfactory penalty system (not that you were saying it was, it was clear you were talking about it being in addition to a penalty system). For example, if you push someone wide onto grass, there may be virtually no damage to either car, but if the car pushed onto the grass spins, they can lose a huge amount of time.

So damage doesn't work as a penalty system substitute, because the amount of damage received doesn't match how bad the action was, and is easily manipulated to achieve the exact opposite. So I'd rather the penalty system did a better job of assessing who should be penalised and by how much.

Heavy damage is not to teach players a lesson on not ramming. It's about car care. PD don't simulate damage to a radiator or hitting too much curb or rising engine temps by following too close behind a car.
So, heavy damage should be about race craft. Not a penalty.

Of course the Collison physics are all wrong. Needs improvement or an overhaul. However, with more education about race craft, hopefully, that can translate into better racing. Damage is just a simulation tool of real racing.

As mentioned above, I play PC2 as well. Just finishing a race is my reward. In GTS, PD make it seem you HAVE to finish up the front for a win. Not that players can have a good overall race in last place.
No doubt, it won't be fun limping or DNF at Nurb24, due to someone wall riding and cutting across the track and t-bone you. Or a numpty that doesn't understand two cars won't fit around certain corners.

Maybe have driver briefings while loading or warm up, describing race craft and a warning of damage due to impacts. It's too late for all this now, but I'd welcome Heavy Damage all the time.

Heavy damage with bad racers....yeah no thanks.

Last night in Nations for example. I got smashed in to on T1. If heavy damage was on, my race would have been done.

Better race craft? How long have you played this game? Lol.

Maybe in the Dr S and A+ there are clean races but in DR B where I’m at... I have so many stories for you lol.
Trust, I have video. I'm an S/S player but that means nothing. I race fair and not for wins. I race for replay viewing. :)

The etiquette videos may as well not be there.

I'm not preaching to you. Just adding more jibber jabber.
When going to a kart track( I'm from the USA). There is/was one of the biggest multiple kart tracks in Florida. "Customers" are told, don't ram the car ahead, when pulling into the pits. Well of course, young people and some older knuckleheads, still don't listen. They think they're there to have fun, not listen to rules at the expense of others or whatever.

Some people that play this franchise, feel the same. I'm not talking about the wild players that want to ruin everything. Just average players. Players that have about an hour a day or hour a week. They don't have time to be schooled and just want to get in and play.

People still need an education on racing. Same as playing monopoly or Uno, scrabble, etc. Their escape is this arcade real driving simulator. I get it. It works for offline/Arcade Mode/Lobby racing.

Stepping into the "FIA" world, there needs to be more education for ALL players. PD keep adjusting penalties, but neglecting to update examples on race craft.

Manual pit driving, serving penalty in pits and real damage, for me to start being interested. Is it even should be called FIA races without it.

The thing is, people will always seek out an advantage.
Real racing and the countless stories of mechanical cheating by teams is the perfect example of that.

In GTSport, people can't make their petrol tank 5L larger, so instead they avoid the penalty system and exploit it to create passing opportunities.

All the education in the world will not fix human behaviour. That's what penalties (and jails) are for.
The damage idea is a good one, but I feel like it would need to be very severe to change people's behaviour. To a point that it's not even worth considering a dodgy move because you know that it will end your race.

This will obviously hurt a lot of innocent drivers, but hopefully after a couple of weeks general behaviour would change.

RE: Casual drivers. I'm firmly in this category myself, and really wish there was an option to jump into a fair, even race that people haven't been practising for the last 7 days. Think of it like shuffle racing, except... Exactly like shuffle racing.

Although i don't play online anymore i voted no simply because with full damage if someone gets hit both (or more cars ) take damage and since heavy damage can't be repaired most people will spent more time in the pits instead of the track .

Last edited:
RE: Casual drivers. I'm firmly in this category myself, and really wish there was an option to jump into a fair, even race that people haven't been practising for the last 7 days. Think of it like shuffle racing, except... Exactly like shuffle racing.

Ever hear the 'by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail' quote?

Look on the bright side, you can tell yourself they only won because they practise more than you.:lol:

Back