HEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter WWE907
  • 12 comments
  • 1,357 views
Messages
213
Canada
The Great White North
Messages
WWE907
Messages
Not on 360 yet
I was downloading the 1.02 update for GT6 last night, and an error occurred which stopped the update at 47%. I was momentarily frustrated, and the restarted the game and proceeded to download the update again. This time, it downloaded and installed just fine. After that, the game launched, and I was prompted with an in-game update, so I clicked yes to that and it downloaded and installed itself just fine. After the in-game update had finished installing, the screen went black, and my PS3 wasn't doing anything.

I got frustrated again and had to turn it off via the power button on the console, as it wasn't picking up any input from the controller. I got the three beeps, and then waited 12 seconds to restart the console. That's when I got that scary message that informed me that my file system was corrupted. This has happened to me three times before (thanks a lot, PlayStation Home), so I remained calm. After the file system had been restored, I launched GT6 and went about my business.

Every thing was going well, I had purchased all of the new vehicles and tested them out. I played two free runs, one of which was in the X2014 Junior and the other in the Red Bull Kart. Then I remembered that the credits awarded for races has been increased, so I popped over to the event I use as my grind race. After the race menu had loaded, there were only three options available: Start race, driving options, and exit. The starting grid only showed five out of the sixteen drivers on the grid. I thought that was odd, but started the race anyway.

That's when the first bit of nonsense occurred. After and 8 or so second pause, I got a message saying "race information is invalid." I tried another race in the same event, and got the same message. I gave up and hopped in my Light Car Company Rocket to do a few laps around Silverstone in a free run event. The same thing happened there, only this time, it let me start the race. When the race loaded, it was like a scene of a corrupted version of an old game from the 90's. The track didn't load correctly, which gave me a good view of the sky blue abyss below, and the camera was stuck.

I originally thought my PS3 was to blame for this, what with the file system corruption nonsense that happened a few minutes prior. But after testing out a couple of games (Saints Row 2 and Grand Theft Auto 5 to be exact), I was relieved to know that my PS3 wasn't the reason GT6 was acting up. Do you think the update could have something to do with the game breaking glitch that I experienced? I am all out of ideas at the moment, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
 
The game freezes sometimes when I enter an event in the career, only certain ones though.
 
The game freezes sometimes when I enter an event in the career, only certain ones though.
Does it freeze when you're doing free run events too?
 
No, just certain career events.
 
No, just certain career events.
It happened to me when I was trying to do a free run event (I chose to do a test drive from my garage) as well as in a career event. I'll give online a try tonight and see if that works properly.
 
Both of those scenarios happened to me, but reboots seem to have solved the issues. Still, scary stuff.
 
same just happened to me, small update then click ok. Then black screen for 10 minutes until I got fed up and had to reboot. what a POS!
 
My system was always rebooting when I quit GT6. After I reinstalled V1.01 (for reasons it was deleated) I could quit as normal, straight to the XMB rather than system restarting. A couple of freezes, and one time I was controlling the RedBull from feet away - a replay view, strange. After the subsequent updates all is still fine. I would check all of your general music and photo files on your HDD, delete any corrupted ones. Then, if it is still an issue, I would delete all GT6.game data files, and reinstall, I really would, but that doesn't mean its the correct action to take?

Good luck.

Edit. There is also the in game option to recover files?
 
Last edited:
I had the same happen although i ejected the disc instead of power off button, PS3 then auto restarted instead of going back to the menu. I then ran the corrupt file check and started the game without signing in to PSN. I'm hoping it will work now without issues.
 
In V1.00 I started the "Sunday cup" race as I just started to use the game for the first time, PS3 was offline. When I crossed the finish line the game froze up. I ejected the disk and reinserted it, which had me go through the file check. This has happened 3 times now, all on V1.00 and offline. I'm updating to V1.02 now, hope I don't lose all my cars...
 
I was downloading the 1.02 update for GT6 last night, and an error occurred which stopped the update at 47%. I was momentarily frustrated, and the restarted the game and proceeded to download the update again. This time, it downloaded and installed just fine. After that, the game launched, and I was prompted with an in-game update, so I clicked yes to that and it downloaded and installed itself just fine. After the in-game update had finished installing, the screen went black, and my PS3 wasn't doing anything.

I got frustrated again and had to turn it off via the power button on the console, as it wasn't picking up any input from the controller. I got the three beeps, and then waited 12 seconds to restart the console. That's when I got that scary message that informed me that my file system was corrupted. This has happened to me three times before (thanks a lot, PlayStation Home), so I remained calm. After the file system had been restored, I launched GT6 and went about my business.

Every thing was going well, I had purchased all of the new vehicles and tested them out. I played two free runs, one of which was in the X2014 Junior and the other in the Red Bull Kart. Then I remembered that the credits awarded for races has been increased, so I popped over to the event I use as my grind race. After the race menu had loaded, there were only three options available: Start race, driving options, and exit. The starting grid only showed five out of the sixteen drivers on the grid. I thought that was odd, but started the race anyway.

That's when the first bit of nonsense occurred. After and 8 or so second pause, I got a message saying "race information is invalid." I tried another race in the same event, and got the same message. I gave up and hopped in my Light Car Company Rocket to do a few laps around Silverstone in a free run event. The same thing happened there, only this time, it let me start the race. When the race loaded, it was like a scene of a corrupted version of an old game from the 90's. The track didn't load correctly, which gave me a good view of the sky blue abyss below, and the camera was stuck.

I originally thought my PS3 was to blame for this, what with the file system corruption nonsense that happened a few minutes prior. But after testing out a couple of games (Saints Row 2 and Grand Theft Auto 5 to be exact), I was relieved to know that my PS3 wasn't the reason GT6 was acting up. Do you think the update could have something to do with the game breaking glitch that I experienced? I am all out of ideas at the moment, and any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Same here. reset the console and it checked a corrupt file now all seems fine.
 
The day after I posted this, I tried out the exact same race that I played when it started to give me issues, and everything works just fine now (knock on wood).
 
I've had one "black-screen" freeze since the update. No other problems. Just manually save often. No reason to trust this thing while they (actually we) get the bugs out.
 
Back