Heldenzeit's Garage (Endless Maintenance)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,149 comments
Those wheels are there best yet in terms of looks (besides the Wats).
I agree.

Thanks! I'm gonna get them media blasted I think. I don't like the finish. Maybe paint them.
Matte black would look so sick on there. It would match your fender flares and your front lower diffuser perfectly.

Also did you decide what color you are painting your car?

Matte black would look so sick on there. It would match your fender flares and your front lower diffuser perfectly.

Also did you decide what color you are painting your car?

I'm thinking maybe a darker grey on the wheels. Need a little contrast with the tires.

As far as painting the car, I have a lot of ideas.

1. Ferrari Rosso Barchetta
2. Ferrari Rosso Scuderia
3. Mazda Sunburst Yellow
4. Ferrari Vinaccia
5. Singer Grey (kind of like battleship grey)

I reckon yellow would look excellent actually. Apart from anything, yellow cars always look great anywhere with regular sunshine.

I'm thinking maybe a darker grey on the wheels. Need a little contrast with the tires.

As far as painting the car, I have a lot of ideas.

1. Ferrari Rosso Barchetta
2. Ferrari Rosso Scuderia
3. Mazda Sunburst Yellow
4. Ferrari Vinaccia
5. Singer Grey (kind of like battleship grey)

I don't know if you know plasti dip ?
maybe it can help you ;) !
Great project btw !!!

I reckon yellow would look excellent actually. Apart from anything, yellow cars always look great anywhere with regular sunshine.
Depends on the yellow and also depends on how it is applied. The primer color or base color is VERY important, otherwise yellow turns out very bad. If anyone needs help or advice spraying yellow, let me know.

Does definitely depend on the colour, but this particular Miata is quite an extrovert car so needs an extrovert colour, I reckon.

Why not Rosso Corsa? I normally prefer the scuderia because it looks downright tasty but you have to get the paint looking perfect otherwise it will look like a faded red probably. Wouldn't do Rosso Scuderia on a car that actually gets driven more than your average Ferrari because of that.

Have you considered blue?
yas-marina-blue-bmw-m3-photo-3-750x500.jpg

I would go with the grey, red is too common, and IMO, yellow is quite questionable.
Grey is cool too, but a little too plain for me. It would be low key for sure.

I like it too, but I have a tan interior. There is plenty of sunshine here lol.

Depends on the yellow and also depends on how it is applied. The primer color or base color is VERY important, otherwise yellow turns out very bad. If anyone needs help or advice spraying yellow, let me know.
For sure. :)

Does definitely depend on the colour, but this particular Miata is quite an extrovert car so needs an extrovert colour, I reckon.
I agree too. The car is very aggressive and I dont think a dark color would fit very well.

Why not Rosso Corsa? I normally prefer the scuderia because it looks downright tasty but you have to get the paint looking perfect otherwise it will look like a faded red probably. Wouldn't do Rosso Scuderia on a car that actually gets driven more than your average Ferrari because of that.

Have you considered blue?
I didn't think of Scuderia looking faded. Corsa might be an option, but a little to much like standard Miata red. Rosso Barchetta is number one on my list right now. It's a bit darker. I'll consider a bright blue like the car posted.

I think the blue in that BMW pic would look really good on your Miata. Plus it would match your spark plug wires and a few other blue engine bay accents you have. But I am also very bias to blue. My favorite color. :D

My Mazdaspeed airbox arrived. Kinda weird as it sits sideways.
10390303_10203946572172951_7765371214099811675_n.jpg

10376059_10203946575533035_9187737981401791714_n.jpg

Y pipe header too. Might ceramic coat it white.
10390534_10203946582013197_2592239068358298020_n.jpg
White headers would get dirty very easy and be a pain to maintain. The header looks beautiful just the way it is. :drool:

I think the blue in that BMW pic would look really good on your Miata. Plus it would match your spark plug wires and a few other blue engine bay accents you have. But I am also very bias to blue. My favorite color. :D

I like it too.

White headers would get dirty very easy and be a pain to maintain. The header looks beautiful just the way it is. :drool:

The white headers on my dad's 55 look pretty good still, so I'm torn. I'll vodka wash it if I decide against the white ceramic.

The white headers on my dad's 55 look pretty good still, so I'm torn. I'll vodka wash it if I decide against the white ceramic.
Does your dad road track his 55 as much as you do in your Miata? Does he road track it at all? Road tracking, daily driving, and autocross will dirty a car very fast as I am sure you are already aware. :sly:

That looks VERY nice and clean.
As you said just keep in mind how often he drives compared to how often you drive. And also the weather conditions you drive in compared to the weather conditions he drives in. The less a vehicle is driven, the easier it is to keep clean. Coming from someone that has road tracked and autocrossed for many years, I am just trying to make your life a little easier. :cheers:

Another option would to consider would be wrapping your headers if that's something you were interested in. Takes a lot of work but reduces a lot of engine heat. Plus you can wrap them in just about any color you want.

FD looks great! Not too orange. Only problem with yellow is the tan interior of my car.

Reupholster / swap the seats entirely? not the cheapest option of course but having a black interior would result in less aesthetic limitations

There are a few Miata salvage businesses (when I worked at Flyin' Miata that was my job) so you might be able to acquire a whole black interior for pretty cheap.

Reupholster / swap the seats entirely? not the cheapest option of course but having a black interior would result in less aesthetic limitations
I'll definitely swap the seats in the future, black of course.
There are a few Miata salvage businesses (when I worked at Flyin' Miata that was my job) so you might be able to acquire a whole black interior for pretty cheap.
That's the thing; I don't like the black interior.

I'll definitely swap the seats in the future, black of course.

That's the thing; I don't like the black interior.
Hmmm, yellow and tan isn't bad but I'm a black interior fan so that's the route I would go. Red and tan would scream Ferrari! :P

As you consider Red, i really like this one:
S7-2_-_small.JPG

Shiraz Red

But don't go matte as a paint job. After a few washes it will get spots where it shines more than the rest, on matte every fault (scratch, chip,...) is way more notacable than on a gloss clear coat.

^Think it's a pearl paint, so rather metallic (Audi OEM paint, not expensive (compared to special paints), applied like a normal color (base-color-clear)

Shiraz red is an awesome color... But I'm not sure it'd suit a Miata, particularly not a track-prepped one. My vote leans towards any form of eyeburning color, leaving the flares and front lip unpainted.

Guess I'm the only one who really loves the current colour combined with the unpainted roof as well.

Back