Hello everybody!

• Thread starter GimbleFIN
  • 11 comments
GimbleFIN
And happy new year!

For some reason there are very few introduce threads here? I decided to create one so it doesn't look so empty :)

I have played racing games quite some time since Pole Position on C64 but recently it has been more like casual type of playing. Actually i did not own PS1 and PS2 so i haven't touched Gran Turismo games much. However i have played some Gran Turismo 2 on my friends console and i also used a speacial trick called "Bleem!" to play Gran Turismo 2 on a Dreamcast console. I also had a Xbox and Xbox 360 and have played most of racing games on them but nothing really spectacular there. I also didn't like the quality of the Wheels that was avalable there. I used to own a really crappy one on Xbox 1 and it was terrible. And things are still not looking very good, i din't find the offical MS Racing Wheel very impressive and (didn't buy one) and i'm afraid that it's the best one you can get for Xbox even still?

Later i got tired of terrible quality of 360 (annual repairs etc.) and sold the piece of junk and bought a PS3 on 2008.

My favourite gaming genres are FPS and Strategy. But now that Santa brought me a wheel i finally can get into this racing game business properly 👍 So maybe racing games will be favourite genre in future?

I have tried some playing with a GTDF Wheel i now understand that it's a totally different story and you are missing so much if you just play with a controller.

Here are my answers for "standard questions"

* How did you find GTPlanet?

Google and i've also have seen it mentioned on a biggest Finnish console gaming
forums. (www.konsolifin.net, i'm mod there)

* Where are you from?

Tampere, Finland. (sorry for any typos, english is not my native language)

* When did you start playing the Gran Turismo games?

Well, read above...i don't consider myself a GT player yet but i will try to change that.

* Do you play with a steering wheel?

Yep, i'm so glad Santa brought a wheel and Wheel Stand Pro.

* What other games do you enjoy?

Strategy, for example Tom Clancy's End War, Age of Booty. Shooters like Socom. I enjoyed Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo A LOT. The full game in march will be so awesome :drool:

* What are you most looking forward to doing in the community, now that you're a part of this site?

When i see some potential community that might provide me info and value i probably will join and see what's up. I'm registered to a lot of forums and moderating one is also my hobby.

I don't know what exactly i'm looking for yet, seems like a good source of info related to GT and other racers.

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail."
I am starting here with this thought which I have taken for as anew year resolution.

Hello everybody here.
I am new here an my name is Eddy.
Good wishes to all the members for the new year.
May this year bring glory and peace to all your lives.

Welcome to gtplanet GimbleFIN, I hope you enjoy your time here.:gtpflag:

Hello guys, welcome! And thanks for helping to break the ice, GimbleFIN - this "Inroductions" forum is a very new addition to the community, so it will take the more outgoing new members like yourself to make others feel comfortable with stepping up and saying hello. Have fun! :cheers:

Welcome to :gtpflag:, Gimble. Just remember, observe the AUP, dont double (or even worse triple :nervous:) post and use the search engine a lot :)👍

Nice to see you Gimble here 👍 :) I wondered if some of the konsolifin mods are lurking here :D

:cheers:

Hello to both Gimblefin and Alton. Welcome aboard, gents!

@ Alton, you can make your own "Introduce Yourself!" thread if you want to. You can do all what GimbleFIN did and some more, if you like ;)👍

Hello guys, welcome! And thanks for helping to break the ice, GimbleFIN - this "Inroductions" forum is a very new addition to the community, so it will take the more outgoing new members like yourself to make others feel comfortable with stepping up and saying hello. Have fun! :cheers:

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Back