Hello everyone, new member here saying hi

• Thread starter XJ40
  • 12 comments
Scotland
Scotland
Gremlin100
Hello all at GTPlanet, after many years of viewing as a guest I thought I'd finally get round to joining!
A few things about me: I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the game first came out, I mainly play racing games as my lifelong passion has always been cars, and as it turns out I ended up driving for a living so you could say I do something I love for a living, which is a pretty good deal. Anyway it seems strange I have been following this site for so long it feels like I am familiar with so many members but don't actually know anybody! And to explain my username I am a big Jaguar fan, but dont own one and don't claim to (plans are in place to be custodian of a mint 3.2s) so when that happens a photo will appear with a handwritten note of my username and a tin of beans alongside :)

Anyway hello to all and I hope to be a good contributor to what is a fantastic place, and not a moderator magnet.

Thanks all who have replied so far! I take it @S_Bridge you are a Withnail & I fan? Brilliant film :)
Yes I was, I haven't watched it for a really long time though because it's so ingrained in my memory from many previous viewings.

I could say a similar thing about listening to Hendrix. My favorite musician but I know every note so well that I don't ever put his stuff on anymore.

Yes I was, I haven't watched it for a really long time though because it's so ingrained in my memory from many previous viewings.

I could say a similar thing about listening to Hendrix. My favorite musician but I know every note so well that I don't ever put his stuff on anymore.

He is definitely on my list of CD's to buy, do you recommend one as a starter? I prefer CD's as I like having a hard copy. I'm old fashioned and dont believe in the Cloud :)

Hello all at GTPlanet, after many years of viewing as a guest I thought I'd finally get round to joining!
A few things about me: I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the game first came out, I mainly play racing games as my lifelong passion has always been cars, and as it turns out I ended up driving for a living so you could say I do something I love for a living, which is a pretty good deal. Anyway it seems strange I have been following this site for so long it feels like I am familiar with so many members but don't actually know anybody! And to explain my username I am a big Jaguar fan, but dont own one and don't claim to (plans are in place to be custodian of a mint 3.2s) so when that happens a photo will appear with a handwritten note of my username and a tin of beans alongside :)

Anyway hello to all and I hope to be a good contributor to what is a fantastic place, and not a moderator magnet.
Welcome to GTP! :gtpflag: :cheers: Always awesome to greet a new member. If you have any questions, just ask. The community is very helpful here. :)

Reactions: Ken
He is definitely on my list of CD's to buy, do you recommend one as a starter? I prefer CD's as I like having a hard copy. I'm old fashioned and dont believe in the Cloud :)
Any of the 3 albums by The Jimi Hendrix Experience if you don't already know them. The band he first had hits with.

Are You Experienced?
Axis: Bold As Love
Electric Ladyland

The 3rd of those has 2 songs from the Withnail And I soundtrack. From the parts when they're driving to, and from, the country.

Back