Hello everyone, new member here saying hi

  • Thread starter Thread starter XJ40
  • 12 comments
  • 949 views
Messages
1,012
Scotland
Scotland
Messages
Gremlin100
Hello all at GTPlanet, after many years of viewing as a guest I thought I'd finally get round to joining!
A few things about me: I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the game first came out, I mainly play racing games as my lifelong passion has always been cars, and as it turns out I ended up driving for a living so you could say I do something I love for a living, which is a pretty good deal. Anyway it seems strange I have been following this site for so long it feels like I am familiar with so many members but don't actually know anybody! And to explain my username I am a big Jaguar fan, but dont own one and don't claim to (plans are in place to be custodian of a mint 3.2s) so when that happens a photo will appear with a handwritten note of my username and a tin of beans alongside :)

Anyway hello to all and I hope to be a good contributor to what is a fantastic place, and not a moderator magnet.
 
Welcome!

:cheers:
 
Welcome!
 
Thanks all who have replied so far! I take it @S_Bridge you are a Withnail & I fan? Brilliant film :)
 
Thanks all who have replied so far! I take it @S_Bridge you are a Withnail & I fan? Brilliant film :)
Yes I was, I haven't watched it for a really long time though because it's so ingrained in my memory from many previous viewings.

I could say a similar thing about listening to Hendrix. My favorite musician but I know every note so well that I don't ever put his stuff on anymore.
 
Yes I was, I haven't watched it for a really long time though because it's so ingrained in my memory from many previous viewings.

I could say a similar thing about listening to Hendrix. My favorite musician but I know every note so well that I don't ever put his stuff on anymore.

He is definitely on my list of CD's to buy, do you recommend one as a starter? I prefer CD's as I like having a hard copy. I'm old fashioned and dont believe in the Cloud :)
 
Hello all at GTPlanet, after many years of viewing as a guest I thought I'd finally get round to joining!
A few things about me: I've been a Gran Turismo fan since the game first came out, I mainly play racing games as my lifelong passion has always been cars, and as it turns out I ended up driving for a living so you could say I do something I love for a living, which is a pretty good deal. Anyway it seems strange I have been following this site for so long it feels like I am familiar with so many members but don't actually know anybody! And to explain my username I am a big Jaguar fan, but dont own one and don't claim to (plans are in place to be custodian of a mint 3.2s) so when that happens a photo will appear with a handwritten note of my username and a tin of beans alongside :)

Anyway hello to all and I hope to be a good contributor to what is a fantastic place, and not a moderator magnet.
Welcome to GTP! :gtpflag: :cheers: Always awesome to greet a new member. If you have any questions, just ask. The community is very helpful here. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ken
Welcome to the Planet of GT.
:gtpflag:
 
Thanks to everyone taking the time to say hello, see you around the forums
 
Thanks to everyone taking the time to say hello, see you around the forums
You are welcome, I hope to see you contribute. GTP is a very interesting place to be.
 
He is definitely on my list of CD's to buy, do you recommend one as a starter? I prefer CD's as I like having a hard copy. I'm old fashioned and dont believe in the Cloud :)
Any of the 3 albums by The Jimi Hendrix Experience if you don't already know them. The band he first had hits with.

Are You Experienced?
Axis: Bold As Love
Electric Ladyland

The 3rd of those has 2 songs from the Withnail And I soundtrack. From the parts when they're driving to, and from, the country.
 
Back