Hello from Spain!

• Thread starter GTCIS
  • 18 comments
Spain
Canary Islands
GTP_GTStig
Hi everyone!

I’m from Tenerife, Spain. I’m a big fan of GT Series and wanted to be part of this huge community of GT Racers.

I play with a G27 Racing Wheel. I’m new at online racing and I looking forward to learn more about racing, cars and every little thing related to them.

My English is not as good as I wanted, sorry for my English:nervous:. I hope after some time I could improve my English skills :).

Thank you, GTCIS

Welcome to :gtplanet:
:gtpflag:
Your English is fine. For someone who English is not their first language you are doing great. In fact, I say its better than some of my mate's English on Facebook.

Hola GTCIS.
I visit the Canary Islands in my summer holidays, but I go to Lanzarote.
Anyway welcome to this fantastic site.

Welcome to :gtplanet:
:gtpflag:
Your English is fine. For someone who English is not their first language you are doing great. In fact, I say its better than some of my mate's English on Facebook.
Thank you Mattythedog!! Reading your words has made me very happy!! :)
Hola GTCIS.
I visit the Canary Islands in my summer holidays, but I go to Lanzarote.
Anyway welcome to this fantastic site.
Thank you CARCRASH!! If someday you visit Tenerife, let me know and if you want, I can show you some cool places and eat some Canary typical food!

Thank you CARCRASH!! If someday you visit Tenerife, let me know and if you want, I can show you some cool places and eat some Canary typical food!
I've already had Canarian potatoes and Bienmassabe, I would like to eat a lot more of the local food though. I have sort of recreated Bienmassabe in England.

Your English is great! As the old saying goes: "Talk to a man using your own language is talking to his head. Talk to a man using his own language is talking to his heart."
I respect people who learn languages to talk to others. It's funny why often people who do not have English as their first language talk better than those who do.
Any way you'll get experienced with it as you read more posts. This website is fairly moderated, basically respect others and you will gain respect for yourself. Well you have my respect already. :)
I'll see you on the forums!

I've already had Canarian potatoes and Bienmassabe, I would like to eat a lot more of the local food though. I have sort of recreated Bienmassabe in England.

Those are great dishes!! I recommend you to try some quesadillas, frangollo and puchero canario which are very tasty :sly:

Your English is great! As the old saying goes: "Talk to a man using your own language is talking to his head. Talk to a man using his own language is talking to his heart."
I respect people who learn languages to talk to others. It's funny why often people who do not have English as their first language talk better than those who do.
Any way you'll get experienced with it as you read more posts. This website is fairly moderated, basically respect others and you will gain respect for yourself. Well you have my respect already. :)
I'll see you on the forums!

Thank you so much TankAss95!!! You've no idea how happy have you made me!! :)

Thank you too for the welcome, CromaTurboIE and PHCharls!! :)

Those are great dishes!! I recommend you to try some quesadillas, frangollo and puchero canario which are very tasty :sly:
Thanks, I'll try these when I next go. By the way your English is better than my English.

CARCRASH
Thanks, I'll try these when I next go. By the way your English is better than my English.

Thats often the way, as when you learn a foriegn language you often learn all the formal and correct grammar and vocab, rather than the street slang we use every day. Anyway, can you tell me what 'comprendos muchos gracias' means? I say it a lot with no idea what it means.:lol:

Thank you so much TankAss95!!! You've no idea how happy have you made me!! :)

Thank you too for the welcome, CromaTurboIE and PHCharls!! :)
de nada! :dopey:

Thats often the way, as when you learn a foriegn language you often learn all the formal and correct grammar and vocab, rather than the street slang we use every day. Anyway, can you tell me what 'comprendos muchos gracias' means? I say it a lot with no idea what it means.:lol:
Google Translate said "includes many thanks".

CARCRASH
Google Translate said "includes many thanks".

Yeah well I dont trust Google Translate so I took advantage of acsess to a native.

Your English is terrific. It is significantly better than most people who post online, but this is because they don't know the meaning of the word grammar.

beeblebrox237
Your English is terrific. It is significantly better than most people who post online, but this is because they don't know the meaning of the word grammar.

Did you just say what? :sly: :dunce:

Thank you CARCRASH and beeblebrox237 for your words! :)
Mattythedog, 'comprendo muchas gracias' translated into English is 'I understand, thank you so much'. I hope I've helped you. :)

GTCIS
Thank you CARCRASH and beeblebrox237 for your words! :)

Mattythedog, 'comprendo muchas gracias' translated into English is 'I understand, thank you so much'. I hope I've helped you. :)

Thanks a lot GTCIS. I don't do Spanish at school, but I can now add that to my tiny Spanish vocab list: Hola,Conprendo Muchas Gracias, and that's it. I wouldn't last very long in Spain. :lol:

Thanks a lot GTCIS. I don't do Spanish at school, but I can now add that to my tiny Spanish vocab list: Hola,Conprendo Muchas Gracias, and that's it. I wouldn't last very long in Spain. :lol:

You're welcome mattythedog :)
I don't think so, maybe you don't know a lot of Spanish, but it doesn't mean you can't be understood by people who speak a foreign language :sly: Some years ago, I talked to tourists in 'sign language' and both understood each other :sly:

Back