Helmet design

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 22 comments
Kakundoo
I'm a little bored, so I thought I'd make a thread to discuss people's helmets lol. Tell me what helmet you have chosen and why :D.....I'm so interesting.

I originally went for the Generic yellow one, as I didn't like the UK or England flag-style designs. This was because of JB's design last year in his Brawn GP.
Although now i've gone for the Generic Blue, again because of Mr. Button, and i'm definitely liking it...especially since it gained me a 5th place at Montreal on Legend in a Virgin ;)

I went for a Yellow helmet as its the same colour as Lewis Hamiltons :lol: I did want an Ireland one but there isn't one for Ireland.

I started out with USA (GEN 02, I think) now I'm cycling between Hill's and Senna's helmets.

Ahh that's pretty cool, Damon Hill's helmet would be a great one to have. I take it your a PC user then T12? On the console, I don't think we get as many options.

I have just been using the "USA" one that they gave me at the beginning of my career. Sure wish they would have given us more choices on the console.

I've been using the Russian Helmet for the most part (because it looks like my F1 CE Helmet), before used Anthony Davidson's helmet for the first few days but then changed. I really wished that they brought back the helmets from F1 CE because while the designs were based on countries, they weren't similar to every other design out there. Most designs are the same in F1 2010 just with different color combinations depending on the nation.

If the helmet thing was something that would generate a firestorm why wouldn't they give us a Livery editor for the helmets?

It sure put Troy Lee on the map.

I had a look on codies sight for a PS3 livery editor but alas they have none. A system similar to Army Of Two: 40th Day would of been brilliant.

As it is I use the union jack, but I hate! how the visor looks compared to all the AI cars. I might experiment today.

Guys I only have a couple of selections possible for helmet designs do you unlock more as you progress through the game. (I have the ps3 version of the game.)

Gen_04, the yellow one, because they don't have a Northern Ireland one and because it reminds me of the great Joey Dunlop's helmet.
Joey-Dunlop-(750-Honda).jpg

Hello fellow Belfaster, I've seen a couple other Northern Irish members a while ago, don't know if they're still on here regularly though.

Gen_04, the yellow one, because they don't have a Northern Ireland one and because it reminds me of the great Joey Dunlop's helmet.

Excellent choice with Joey Dunlop!!

Back