Helmet Options

Australia
Bathurst
Froudeybrand
Have been thinking about this not in great detail mind you but, should we have the option when making the avatars or bobs have a helmet or no helmet option?

Or would it ruin the whole race simulation aspect of the game I don't think it would if done correctly. Thoughts?

Apart from helmets being mandatory when on the track, they offer a feel that it could be anyone behind that mask; so the focus is on the drivers ability, and not his looks.
Leave it to PD to start making hundreds of collectible face skins.

I would honestly prefer the driver to always wear the helmet. It's easier just to imagine the driver's face, and the less faces in the game the better because they ruin the realism IMO. While PD are among the best in digitally recreating cars, they are not so good at humans (for example Jeff Gordon and Vettel looked hilarious and almost creepy in GT5). Of course I can't blame them since the focus of the game is on the cars, but why force something that brings down the realism factor? A voice over would have been enough.

Also, some people would probably want to customize the driver's face and while I'm not against that it means PD have to spend even more time on this feature. Driver customization with the suits and helmets is more than enough for me. So basically, I think this is something PD should not mess with but if they have to, then do it after more important issues have been resolved.

Back