Help a newb. Acceleration issue. T150 2 pedals

• Thread starter Weener420
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
i hate Trustmaster. I have the crap t150 2 pedal newb package. I've only been using it for a few months. In those few months, I've become addicted to sim/simcade racing on gt sport. Within the past month or so I've been having acceleration issues. Now it has gotten so bad that I can't play meh game. The throttle keeps acting screwy. It'll only go to 50% throttle sometimes... Other times 5-10%... And sometimes it'll have a sporadic throttle going from 70-100%... I've searched for a solution but haven't found one that works. Updated wheel on pc. Checked the little gear thing in the pedal. Cleaned the gear teeth... Everything I can think of. I contacted TM and their customer support is terrible . Probably because my wheel is still under warranty. It takes them 24-48 hours just to ask me dumb questions like "is the switch on PS4?" And "have you checked for game/console updates" . So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? (Besides not trading money for garbage) I'm not sure if the latest update is related to this or not. I dont have any other racing games at the moment so I can't check other games. I'm not getting the tp3 pedals bc I've grown a disdain towards TM.

It may be a bad spring for you gas pedal. Open up the pedal set and see. No it doesn’t void the warranty. Heck they may tell you to open it and take pictures anyway. If its the spring, they should send you another one.

To be honest, the pedal set is cheaply made. I had the same problem last year. My spring broke after 6 months. I got the new spring but the next issue is my brake pedal not working.

I just say damn it all and buy T3PA pedal set if you can. That’s what I did (I have the regular set). I had it for nearly a year with not issues and have a two year warranty with the store I bought it from.

Edit: I see where you said you don’t wanna buy that.

I've opened them up probably 5 times by now. Both springs look and feel fine. Yeah I actually bought some t3pa pedals but they are sitting in the box unopened. I realize that is most likely the cheapest and quickest fix to get back to playing but I'm planning on returning them bc I'm trying to see if Trustmaster will make it right somehow. Honestly, I'm so displeased with their determaination to "make it right" that I'm at the point to where I don't want to buy their products.

Had the same issue with my T500. Researched it and the pentameters (sp?) needed to be cleaned, nothing to do with the springs. Now how you do this or if this is the problem with yours I have no idea. I just boxed mine up and bought a different wheel, was time for an upgrade anyway. If you really like sim racing, invest in a better wheel, you won’t regret it. :cheers:

I cleaned the little gear things that TM told me I needed to line up... I used cotton swabs and a little rubbing alcohol. I thought that perhaps the grease on the springs were gunking up the gears but unfortunately it didn't work.

Potentiometers :cheers: for posterity.

OP, just trade it in for a G29.
I was looking at the g29.. But I really want a fanatec csl ... I'm kind of afraid about the blowback from the fanatec though so maybe g29 is the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was looking at the g29.. But I really want a fanatec csl ... I'm kind of afraid about the blowback from the fanatec though so maybe g29 is the way to go.

Thanks for the suggestions!
If you can, get the Fanatec, there is no comparison between the two. IMO it is the best wheel you can buy for the money. The G29 is good, but feels like a cheap plastic toy after using the CSL.

@Weener420 Can't you just return them to the store (or wherever) you bought them from? If not, as has already been mentioned, it's almost certainly dirty potentiometers.

I had the same problem. Had to clean them 3 separate times until I found something that has worked for a while now.
PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst. Sprayed that inside the throttle pot and it hasn't gone wonky since. Used a contact cleaner before, used turpentine before, these didn't last. I assume WD-40 would have a similar effect.

@Weener420 Can't you just return them to the store (or wherever) you bought them from? If not, as has already been mentioned, it's almost certainly dirty potentiometers.
Nah can't return them.. Could trade them in for 65 bucks but then someone would be stuck with crap pedals.. Still waiting on TM even though I have a g29 coming today.

I had the same problem. Had to clean them 3 separate times until I found something that has worked for a while now.
PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst. Sprayed that inside the throttle pot and it hasn't gone wonky since. Used a contact cleaner before, used turpentine before, these didn't last. I assume WD-40 would have a similar effect.
I'll have to keep that in mind if it happens again w my new pedals. Thanks, man.

Latest Posts

Back