Help A Noob Please..(PS4)

• Thread starter Lazybike
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Normally play AC and GTS but tried PC2 demo and really liked it, the trouble I'm having with the full game is getting the karts to feel right, I've played around with the force feedback, but they just don't feel right, I tried the xbow a car I'm familiar with and that felt weird as well, it's like the steering is off or something, I get nothing on initial input then loads of oversteer, not the good throttle induced kind but a weird loads of steering angle kind, I'm aware that this must be a settings related problem but I don't know where to start, any help greatly appreciated.

I found some settings for the kart that make it much better. I’ll dig them out and post the link.

Thanks Chris that'd be great. I'm going to have a play with some car/track combinations that I'm familiar with, see if I can get a feel for it.

One thing that I know helps on the karts is positive front toe... I think c.+0.5 or so... calms the steering down a lot and makes the kart much more stable.

Still trying to find the settings I used to win the Championship... if I can't find the link I'll pull them from my game tonight.

You could perhaps try altering the steering sensitivity setting (in the options) for the more direct cars. I'm not sure if it's up or down you need to go to smooth the inputs. There's also the speed sensitivity setting in the same menu that will help dampen twitchy cars as they get faster. You might need to experiment but remember what they were set to in case you need to reset them for the other cars.

I'll revisit the karts when I have more understanding, and have the time to try different settings, both wheel and vehicle. For now I've finished the Ginetta Junior championship, and am giving the Clio Cup a try, both of which have felt good and been fun to use!

Get the game already. You'll have plenty of time to dial the settings in. It already seems to be worth it for you.
seems as though you got the game already. my bad. enjoy that somebubich. I keep leaning towards the prototypes and the formulas. I wan't to try the lambo races tonight.

I've done the Rally X up to European Lites and am having a go at the Cayman cup now. I've also started doing the Stoopidchallenges which I'm really enjoying, not done any online racing yet, I still use GTS for that :)

I've done the Rally X up to European Lites and am having a go at the Cayman cup now. I've also started doing the Stoopidchallenges which I'm really enjoying, not done any online racing yet, I still use GTS for that :)

Don't bother with random online racing on PC2 - stick with proper leagues to get a good, clean race - refer to the online racing section of this site for details of what is available.

I don't think there are any karts in AC. Except PC mods, which have no official input as to handling and physics accuracy.

Quick question for the OP... Have you raced real karts? Do you use a wheel? Are you using GTS's karts as a baseline for how you think it ought to handle?

I've raced karts at stag do's, kids birthday parties, works night out, those kind of things, I've not raced any 2 strokes though. I'm using a G29 wheel, the GTS karts are the only gaming karts that I've used, and I liked them.

I can highly recommend the stoopidchallenges, great fun trying cars and tracks that I wouldn't normally bother with, there's 3 leagues, and a handicapped league, so there's always someone to compete with, and there's shared telemetry so I can see exactly how the fast guys manage it :)

Back