Help! Can I save my endurance race? controller problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Samus
  • 11 comments
  • 2,832 views
Messages
24,669
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So I started a b spec le mans race earlier and I though whilst my ps3 was out of action I thought I would undo my ds3 controller to give it a clean. Well I did that, took it all apart, cleaned it up and put it back together.

Bad idea. Now I can't seem to reconnect my controller to my ps3. I've tried connecting via usb, tried the reset button but no luck. Is there any way I can connect a controller to complete the race when its finished and save or am I out of luck and might as well stop the race by turning off the console 14 hours in?
 
not sure about the binding a controller during the running of games, but you should be able to connect a usb keyboard and use this to confirm your race...
 
So I started a b spec le mans race earlier and I though whilst my ps3 was out of action I thought I would undo my ds3 controller to give it a clean. Well I did that, took it all apart, cleaned it up and put it back together.

Bad idea. Now I can't seem to reconnect my controller to my ps3. I've tried connecting via usb, tried the reset button but no luck. Is there any way I can connect a controller to complete the race when its finished and save or am I out of luck and might as well stop the race by turning off the console 14 hours in?

Everyone once in awhile my controller loses its sync with my ps3. How I rejoin it while in any game is to make sure my controller is off. No red lights flashing. Plug it in to my usb cable and wait to see the red lights flash slowly indicating its charging. Then I push the middle PS button and it turns on and is resynced with my ps3. Give it a try. It should work unless there is another problem preventing it from syncing up.
 
I connect the usb lead and four red lights flash, but when I press the ps button, nothing happens.

Will try a keyboard.
 
Well I resuced the race and saved with a keyboard, but now after turning it off and trying various methods, I still can't get the controller to connect. The PS button just doesn't do anything. I've definitely put it all back together properly, I take electronic stuff apart all the time and always took my PS1 and PS2 controllers apart to clean. I'm beginning to regret doing it with this one though. :(
 
try pressing the reset button on the back of the controller. the small hole behind and above where the select button is.
 
Moral of the story is if it aint broke don't try to fix it :) lol
 
Clearly if it was working before, and then you took it apart, and it isn't working now... it hasn't been put back together properly. Whether you do it all the time or not is irrelevant other than you should have the experience to realize that something is amok and you need to take it apart AGAIN, and RE check everything.

You have nothing to lose if the controller won't work at all now anyways? So you may as well crack it open again and try and sort it out. I'd wager you moved a solder or you shocked a circuit board.
 
Clean your controller again! :) maybe it helps.. look for tips in the web how to replair it..

and when it works, dont clean it anymore! lol!
 
Why did you even open your controller at all?
 
Back