[Help]Drifting problems

• Thread starter Gt3Newb
  • 9 comments
Hello, i am new to this site and i would like to know how to drift.I looked at all the threads and i cant seem to get it right.:nervous: An example would be the settings. In the car settings menu it just becomes red and i cant adjust it.I cant only adjust the TCS. I'd be happy if someone helped me.:)

Hello, i am new to this site and i would like to know how to drift.I looked at all the threads and i cant seem to get it right.:nervous: An example would be the settings. In the car settings menu it just becomes red and i cant adjust it.I cant only adjust the TCS. I'd be happy if someone helped me.:)

Welcome:tup:

If it won't let you adjust the settings then it means that you need to purchase the parts to be able to do so first. There are allot of ways to drift but really the easiest way to learn is just to watch some video's (my sig has some of mine) and then just read the stickies that explain drifting on the forum. If after you do these two things and still are having a problem give us a post with exactly what problems you are having in detail. If its just a plain, " I can't drift" then nobody will really be able to help you out.

Welcome:tup:

If it won't let you adjust the settings then it means that you need to purchase the parts to be able to do so first. There are allot of ways to drift but really the easiest way to learn is just to watch some video's (my sig has some of mine) and then just read the stickies that explain drifting on the forum. If after you do these two things and still are having a problem give us a post with exactly what problems you are having in detail. If its just a plain, " I can't drift" then nobody will really be able to help you out.

Do you know what parts to buy for a lancer VII gsr?

Heres some good advice. You don't have to floor it all the time, so just be gentel with the gas and it will make drifting a lot easier I've found out.

Heres some good advice. You don't have to floor it all the time, so just be gentel with the gas and it will make drifting a lot easier I've found out.
He's right, flooring it will send you spinning into the wall. Also you might want to slow down for turns. Because when you start sliding, the tires don't slow you down as quick.

Do you know what parts to buy for a lancer VII gsr?

Everyone of my drift cars have every upgrade. The lancer is a pretty lame car for drifting though. It understeers a bit and also it really doesn't like to stay in drift, it also has a fairly non responsive feel as far as the handling goes also. Use sim tires ( don't mix and match, its a bad habit and it won't let you learn much) you can get crazy angles with it the awd's though. But if you are wanting to get better use a RWD car and learn how everything works. Also turn off ALL aids. Make sure you adjust the power to about 12-32 in the front on the awd's also. It gives you that little bit of pull in the front so its almost impossible to spin it out. But like i said i would start with only RWD's and then once you have those down goto the AWD's.

Pick a RWD car. Like a RX-7.

Get stiffer suspension, 2way LSD, slap on big big turbo, simulation tires. Then you're good to go for drifting.

Ok, thanks guys I'll try it out.

No problem. When you get a car that feels right to you just practice, practice and practice some more. If you are having problems just state what the problem is and someone will be able to help you out:tup:

Back