Help! DualSense haptic feedback in the menus driving me bonkers!

United States
Newport Beach, CA
TurismoSlayer
Is there a way to turn off the haptic feedback when browsing the GT7 menus? Every up, down, left and right the controller does this haptic tap that really grinds my gears. It doesn’t do it in the PS menu.

GT Icon on top left > Options > Controllers > Vibration function > Vibration function (P1) toggle off

I think this turns off vibration while driving also. Hope that's not an issue. On the plus side, longer controller life before recharge. Won't matter if you're using a wheel.

PS5 Settings > Accessibility > Controllers > Vibration Intensity > Strong / Medium / Weak / Off

You can try this but it will disable it for all games.

@turismoslayer

Go to options>Soundvolume>menu sound effects to 0.
I know it is weird and i dont know why PD did those weird decisions but it work ;)
you can set it to 1 to get a bit of menu effect sound and a very mild haptik feedback.

Last edited:
I literally did what @DriftMethod said and it turned off the haptic feedback. Are you sure you went to the right place?

99.9% sure. When toggled to off, it would still tap when moving the cursor up, down, left and right.

@turismoslayer

Go to options>Soundvolume>menu sound effects to 0.
I know it is weird and i dont know why PD did those weird decisions but it work ;)
you can set it to 1 to get a bit of menu effect sound and a very mild haptik feedback.

I think this is going to do it. I’ll try this next time I fire up the game. Thanks.

99.9% sure. When toggled to off, it would still tap when moving the cursor up, down, left and right.

I think this is going to do it. I’ll try this next time I fire up the game. Thanks.
I just tried it, you can have the menu sound effects above zero and turn off vibration function and it won't vibrate, but you will still hear the menu sounds (like when you press x and o). Alternatively, you can turn the menu volume to zero which will stop both the vibration and sounds.

When you toggle off the vibration, you have to leave that menu for the change to take effect. Maybe you didn't exit out of there???

@DriftMethod
Turning down vibration effect the entire game.
Do it my way and it effects only menu.
Yeah, two ways to go, neither is perfect. Either you sacrifice vibration while driving (like I mentioned the first time), or you lose the sound in the menu. Settings for "menu vibration" and "race vibration" would be ideal, but just doesn't exist.

Back