Help Finding 1/43 (Minichamps) Model Display Stand

• Thread starter Zmann42087
  • 5 comments
United States
Champaign, IL
Zmann42087
I'm looking for a 1/43 model car display case that Minichamps makes (or used to make) and I'm hoping somebody on here knows where I can find it or at least a similar display fixture. The display case I'm looking for is item#KATVITRI6. According to Minichamps website, the item is just "out of stock" but I have a feeling it's been discontinued.

Here is what it looks like...

43DisplayStandItemKATVITRI6.jpg

I don't know why, but a display stand like that is hard to come by. It seems like the majority of display cases that are sold are square or rectangular wall-hanging cases. I'm really not interested in those.

I've searched the web a ton and the only similar display stand I've found is this one Porsche makes.

c0fbf15d.jpg

I'm not too thrilled about the "Porsche" at the bottom, but if no one else has any ideas that's probably the one I'll go with.

I was looking for this same display case for a while about 2 months ago. The porsche one is fairly easy to get, infact it is on Porsche's own online store for most regions. However you are looking at about $300-350USD for one and it only holds 10 cars. I also wanted to remove the "porsche" writing and figured easiest way to do that would be,
a. put a decal over it even if it is just a plain matt black vinyl sticker
b. paint the base
c. the base looks to not be glued, so you could unscrew it from the bottom and get a perspex place to just make you another. Would not cost much.

End of the day though I never got it as it did not hold enough cars and was too expensive. Having one custom made wasn't all that much cheaper either.

The first one you linked I have never seen or found before in my searches.

Thanks for the reply, J-PaP. I've looked around some more and haven't found anything other than the two I posted above. You're right though, the Porsche display stand is readily available. It looks like it would cost me $217 shipped from Porsche's North American website. That's still a lot for a 10 model display case, but I really want one of these things. I'll probably order it here shortly.

That is a hell of a lot cheaper than in Australia :(

Best of luck. Incase you couldn't tell from the pictures, the case actually has slots in the side and requires you to use the base of your models to fit each "shelf". So only minichamps models can fit in this shelf.

That is a hell of a lot cheaper than in Australia :(

Best of luck. Incase you couldn't tell from the pictures, the case actually has slots in the side and requires you to use the base of your models to fit each "shelf". So only minichamps models can fit in this shelf.

Yeah, that's part of the reason why I like both of the above cases so much is because they do retain the 1/43 (Minichamps) model bases.

Does it look to you like the models will be fully enclosed by the perspex once they are in the display or open on one side? Obviously it's going to have to open on one side to get the models in there, but I can't tell if there is a door or not.

It is enclosed at the rear. I could never work out how minichamps did it (they make the porsche tower). It most likely is a swivel door but when I was designing one to have custom made it was easier/cleaner to have the rear a sliding panel from the top. The models definitely do go in from the rear.

EDIT: Infact I just had a look at that one you have pictured with the blue base. That one definitely has been done with a sliding panel on the rear. Can't see any brackets anywhere for a swinging door.

Latest Posts

Back