help for a new online racer!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAM
  • 6 comments
  • 533 views

CAM

Welcome Home, Deuce.
Premium
Messages
5,818
United States
Pirate Nation
Messages
CAM-33
Hey fellow GTPers,

I've been a member here for a few months, and after listening to all you guys' buzz about the racing online, I tried today and I'm hooked! But one question:
If I enter a 550PP room, for example, I detune my falken GTR to 550, but I get smoked around the first few corners. Are there any basic tips I should know to keep up with the pack? (if it helps, I'm probably a halfway decent driver, I can hold lines and hit most apexes, just not manual shift or drift)
 
Best thing I can tell you, is that once you start online racing like I did about 2 months ago, you'll realize that you have to tune your cars pretty extensively to race online. Much more so then when you race offline. On the AI's best day, it doesn't compare to real people driving well tuned cars at the respective PP/HP/weight in the online room you happen to be in.

It's a lot more then just getting your car up or down to the PP/HP/weight for the room. However, say you get a great setting in the 550PP range, you know you've nailed your setup if you can jump up to 600PP or go down to 500PP and the car still behave the same or better at that PP.

Good luck with your tuning.

PS... Create a room in your private lounge to go test and tune. That way you can test and tune with the online physics. Once you're comfortable with the way the car is driving and you're confident you won't get into a room and wreck someone else, find a test & tune room in the open lobby and see how it goes in there, with other cars, without it being an actual race.
 
Thanks bro! And I just tried a ferrari f1 race on the nordschleife and almost won. I was very surprised!
 
A common problem my friend had was that he floored the brake or the gas when he drove. So try to even out the brake and gas...

If that isn't your problem try picking a car that has many tunes you can try because alot of races are detirmened by a tune...
 
Yeah I seem to be driving pretty okay, mostly its just idiots kicking up dust at nurburg so I can't see and then wrecking me. But I guess my dodging skills will get better :)
 
And that, my friend, is the ultimate goal :)
 
Back