• 12 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
The free browser version of Grammarly is a great resource for anyone who has trouble with point 2 of the GT Planet AUP, "...Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters." It draws attention to grammatical errors as you type, & is incredibly easy to use. If anyone wants to give it a go, simply follow the link below.

www.grammarly.com

👍

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Now hopefully it will keep me from making some embarrassing mistakes in my posts. I still struggle with some words.

VBR
The free browser version of Grammarly is a great resource for anyone who has trouble with point 2 of the GT Planet AUP, "...Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters." It draws attention to grammatical errors as you type, & is incredibly easy to use. If anyone wants to give it a go, simply follow the link below.

www.grammarly.com

👍

How much are they paying nowadays?

I never rite mistakes.

Grammarly makes people think less about their spelling and grammar and thus start to make more mistakes. :ouch:

Grammarly makes people think less about their spelling and grammar and thus start to make more mistakes. :ouch:

If it automatically corrected things for us, then I'd agree. However, it only underlines our mistakes & we have to choose to correct them manually. So, I think it actually helps us to learn where we are going wrong, & helps us to make fewer mistakes in the long run.

VBR
If it automatically corrected things for us, then I'd agree. However, it only underlines our mistakes & we have to choose to correct them manually. So, I think it actually helps us to learn where we are going wrong, & helps us to make fewer mistakes in the long run.
I don't agree. When I use Grammarly, I'm less focused on writing correctly. When I don't use Grammarly I write fewer mistakes. This is from a foreign language point of view.

I don't agree. When I use Grammarly, I'm less focused on writing correctly. When I don't use Grammarly I write fewer mistakes. This is from a foreign language point of view.
Have you tried writing outside of Grammarly, and then pasting into it?

Have you tried writing outside of Grammarly, and then pasting into it?
Do you mean in Word (for example)? It is better not to use Grammarly or concentrate on my writing. Strangely enough, most of the time, I rite witout mistaks and dont need Grammarly at al.

For what it's worth, I think the point is that users simply make an effort and not utilize the sort of devolved communication methods so often employed on other platforms.

Edit: Having said that, I appreciate those offering up assistance as the OP has done.

I have Grammarly Premium and it uses a plug-in for Chrome. It also integrates with Google Docs too, which is extremely helpful (although it's in a beta phase right now). I use it all the time, but it really helps with writing for GTP. I'm admittedly not the best speller in the world, so it certainly helps. It also gives my articles a once over and points out any glaring mistakes before I send it over to the editors.

I'm not sure how it could make you write worse. It's probably the best spelling/grammar checker around and if anything vastly improves things.

When I use Grammarly, I'm less focused on writing correctly.

If you write first & then use Grammarly afterwards, that wouldn't be an issue.

When I don't use Grammarly I write fewer mistakes. This is from a foreign language point of view.

How on earth would you know what mistakes you've made unless you used Grammarly or a similar program afterwards?

:lol:

VBR
If you write first & then use Grammarly afterwards, that wouldn't be an issue.

How on earth would you know what mistakes you've made unless you used Grammarly or a similar program afterwards?

:lol:
Because I'm less focused on what I write. Because sometimes know I misspelt a word but can't figure out what the correct spelling is.

If my ginormous brain does let me down, I just duckduckgo the correct spelling. But I like this aid, billions of times better than using auto-correct, which is for the lazy and those who don't want to learn anymore.

Back