[Help] G25 paddle shifter

• Thread starter zey2k
  • 5 comments
Hi there. first of all let me say that this community has helped me in the past with questions i had regarding various racing games. i decided to finaly register and shoot a question of my own.

Today i found out that my left paddle shifter from the g25 wheel isn't working. I rarely use that feature but it's kind of annoying that if i wanna play an f1 sim i cant use my paddle. I press it and nothing happens (i have checked logitech button mapping in windows and tried it on gt5p.

Is there a tutorial anywhere that can help me?

Hi there. first of all let me say that this community has helped me in the past with questions i had regarding various racing games. i decided to finaly register and shoot a question of my own.

Today i found out that my left paddle shifter from the g25 wheel isn't working. I rarely use that feature but it's kind of annoying that if i wanna play an f1 sim i cant use my paddle. I press it and nothing happens (i have checked logitech button mapping in windows and tried it on gt5p.

Is there a tutorial anywhere that can help me?

Do you think you know enough to be able to take your wheel apart?
If it sounds like you have a faulty wire somewhere.
First thing you should try is to use compressed air (like the cans to clean computer parts with) and blow around where the paddles go into the wheel. You could just have some dirt build-up.
When you try using the paddle can you hear a clicking sound, try both paddles to see if you hear same sound. You also might want to "Google" (G25 Mods) as you can see how to take the wheel apart in some of these if you think you want to try that. If you do try and take the wheel apart do it on a clean table and take pictures so you will know how to put it back together and watch for small parts.

This brought to you by that "Crazy opelgt:crazy:1969 guy"

Hi. Firstly, the G25 paddles don't work at all in GT5 Prologue – but they do with GT HD and with GT5

But if you've got problems in other games, it is probably the paddle switch.

When I took my G25 wheel off and replaced it, it seemed a bit sensitive to just how tightly the wheel is screwed on. It took some trial and error adjusting how tightly the bolts were turned in on my adaptor to get both paddles to work. Too lose or too tight and the plastic at the paddle base where the switch is can distort.

Taking the wheel off is not so hard – you only need a torx driver. Just be careful that you don't rip the wires to the two buttons. When the wheel is off, perhaps inspect the switch area to see if some fluff or whatever has got in the way. Give it a good blow and then tighten it up again and see if it works.

Here's a pic of mine with the wheel off – you can see the holes where the wheel mounting bolts go in and how they could cause distortion where the paddle switch is.
2750224000103429640S600x600Q85.jpg

You can hardly break anything doing that. And a little set of torx drivers is not expensive if you don't already have one 👍

Last edited:
My paddles worked just fine in GT5P. Note: Shifter can't be in H-pattern. They also worked in GT4 on a PS3 Fatboy.

^^^ That's interesting, as others have also said their paddles didn't work in GT5 Prologue. Mine were also fine in all other games.

Back