Help! G25 Shifter Buttons Problem

• Thread starter Bassplayer
  • 9 comments
Hello!

My Logitech G25 Shifter has a problem. The Buttons and the D-Pad don´t work and therefore I can´t play certain games in the PS3 (like F1 2010, F1 2011, Dirts etc...) because I need thoose buttons to work for the PS3 to "identify" the wheel for the game. Luckly i can play GT5 using the 2nd ps3 controler but for other games i just can´t use the wheel. The paddles and the wheel it self are working (I can navigate in PS3 XML turning the wheel and hitting the gas and brake pedal).

My G25 is out of warranty and i have already open it but i do not see anything wrong. Does anybody here know a way to resolve this situation?

If i can´t resolve this i´m thinking in buying the logitech DFGT but I wonder if this (http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/) works for the PS3. Thanks for your attention!

I personally don't know the solution as I have never encountered it with my G25. Mine has a different issue where the cogs stand on top of each other (tips of the teeth) locking the wheel.

I can tell you however that the DFGT is the official GT5 prologue wheel and fully supported in GT5 and other PS3 games. So no worried if you end up getting that.
But please wait for someone more experienced with G25 issues to help out. I am sure someone will respond within a day or two at most.

Have you ever tried to do the handbrake mod by chilicoke, because solder could be on the circuit board, screwing it up or something. That's all I can think of.

This May Sound Stupid But Make Re connect The Shifter and Power Supply maybe You will get lucky.

Send Logitech An E-mail and see if there is a quick Fix.

This May Sound Stupid But Make Re connect The Shifter and Power Supply maybe You will get lucky.

Send Logitech An E-mail and see if there is a quick Fix.

I´ve tried that but no luck... The Logitech support said that the problem may be from some bad piece in the board...but they don´t know if its in the shifter board or in the wheel board. I tried spraying the board with spray for electrical components but no response. I´ve also tried to connect a controler in the the shifter spot but no luck.

Well...i guess i will have a wheel only for GT5...

Thanks for that. I have a G25..i don´t know if the G27 shifter is compatible. But i don´t know if the problem is in the shifter on in the wheel board! Yes the buttons don´t work so for me the problem must be in the shifter board...but the two green lights are showing. If only i could buy the boards, that would be great.

PS: I´ve just see thins in a logitech forum. you can use G27 stuff in G25 but you have to do some wiring (http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Ga...er-work-with-the-G27-pedals-wheel/td-p/392374)

Thanks for your attention by the way!

Back